I am not sure everybody appreciates your arcane sense of humor.

In the long run, we're all dead. John Maynard Keynes
by Jerome a Paris (etg@eurotrib.com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 05:04:40 PM EST
Starting here:
DoDo: How many planes crashing into massive buildings at near maximum speed have been part of your professional experience?
manon: what makes you so eminently qualified to judge events?
manon: no answer.
Colman: You want an answer in twelve minutes???
manon: ok, you know something about engineering and/or aircraft?
Colman: Me? Shit no. But I don't get all cranky if I don't get a response within twelve minutes.

...later, on a parallel thread...

DoDo: 12 minutes passed.

You might also want to explain why manon might have been inclined to troll-rate DoDo for that.

Those whom the Gods wish to destroy They first make mad. — Euripides
by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 05:16:19 PM EST
DoDo's comment was wrong, because it was 6 minutes, not 12.

In the long run, we're all dead. John Maynard Keynes
by Jerome a Paris (etg@eurotrib.com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 05:22:09 PM EST
You mean Colman's comment.

If I may comment this meta-discussion, I don't see my problems with manon's debating style explained by Jérôme's provocation, nor do I think mentioning that he won't follow Kos's policy is the same as "bringing up" Kos's banning policy, even though I disagreed with that initial comment by Jérôme and saw it as provocative (and implied so in a reply, which to complicate things was in turn taken as an insult by manon).

*Lunatic*, n.
One whose delusions are out of fashion.

by DoDo on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 05:52:43 PM EST
Once again your summary doesn't reflect reality, this time in tone.

manon: what makes you so eminently qualified to judge events?  blind faith or something more substantial?

6 mins later...

manon: no answer.  I guess blind faith.  And I thought we were all hip people who didn't put much faith in blind faith.

Those are arrogant, belittling comments that were not justified (by what you want to say about Jerome or by anyhting else). Colman stepped in with his twelve minutes comment to wisecrack... OK, it didn't work... and suggest manon was overdoing it.

Later, DoDo explained that he didn't reply instantaneously because he was looking for data. And when manon didn't reply to a question of his, he pulled out the "twelve minutes" clause. The troll rating for that was obviously ridiculous.

BTW, I asked manon three-quarters of an hour ago what she meant by "open for business". I mean to get an answer.

by afew (afew(a in a circle)eurotrib_dot_com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 05:41:11 PM EST
So it seems I got one this very minute...
by afew (afew(a in a circle)eurotrib_dot_com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 05:42:50 PM EST
You already did, and manon is obviously pissed off.

Those whom the Gods wish to destroy They first make mad. — Euripides
by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 05:42:53 PM EST
"manon is obviously pissed off"?

What, by me now? Wowee...

by afew (afew(a in a circle)eurotrib_dot_com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 05:58:55 PM EST
No, not by you. Just generally pissed off enough that I wasn't expecting a constructive answer to your question.

Those whom the Gods wish to destroy They first make mad. — Euripides
by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 06:00:30 PM EST
I'm not sure what constructive answer she could make.
by afew (afew(a in a circle)eurotrib_dot_com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 06:02:55 PM EST
Then what's the point of your question?

Those whom the Gods wish to destroy They first make mad. — Euripides
by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 06:03:59 PM EST
Not to let her insinuation go by unchallenged.
by afew (afew(a in a circle)eurotrib_dot_com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 06:16:42 PM EST
don't  you think I have enough people challenging me?
by manon (m@gmail.com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 06:36:40 PM EST
a conspiracy against you.

In the long run, we're all dead. John Maynard Keynes
by Jerome a Paris (etg@eurotrib.com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 06:47:28 PM EST
I'm not out to challenge you on the Pentagon business, I haven't got a fixed opinion on that. But no one challenged you on that comment which had to do with the thread, the site, how it's run. So you've just got little me in your way on that one.

Let me point out, manon, that you have distributed troll ratings, while no one, afaik (if I'm wrong forgive me) has troll-rated you. And you have slung around some pretty high-handed comments about other people's capacities and qualifications. I don't think you are justified in passing yourself off as a victim.

by afew (afew(a in a circle)eurotrib_dot_com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 06:47:33 PM EST