I'm reading it as the critical test of the US as a viable political entity.
I am seeing friends of friends on Facebook claiming that it has been shown convincingly that the crisis is all the fault of the government for forcing banks to give mortgages to minorities.

I'm assuming the number of people who believe this stuff is of the order of those who believe Obama is a Nigerian-born Socialist bent on installing death panels. Which is about 30% of the voting public by some accounts.

Boy, are they fucked as a viable political entity.

By laying out pros and cons we risk inducing people to join the debate, and losing control of a process that only we fully understand. - Alan Greenspan

by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Wed Oct 13th, 2010 at 07:23:08 PM EST
Comment on dKos:

Vote Democrat this November - because you can only destroy one crony-capitalist party at a time.
by ThatBritGuy (thatbritguy (at) googlemail.com) on Wed Oct 13th, 2010 at 08:59:51 PM EST
Boy, are they fucked as a viable political entity.

Fortunately the asdf and ATinNM families have already made reservations in Finland.  As soon as Sven (the lazy bugger) gets those goddamn shelves up four people, five cats, a dog, and 20,000 books will be arriving -- COD -- on his doorstep.

by ATinNM on Wed Oct 13th, 2010 at 09:13:00 PM EST
My sister today accused me of stealing some of her books--25 years ago. I told her that she could have a few dozen boxes of mine if she wanted--thus reducing Sven's COD bill...
by asdf on Thu Oct 14th, 2010 at 01:17:23 AM EST
Oh what a relief!

BTW Have your books delivered directly to the Stora Enso pulp and paper mill in Oulu.

You can't be me, I'm taken

by Sven Triloqvist on Thu Oct 14th, 2010 at 02:54:04 AM EST
Let's not get all foamy at the mouth until they're shooting brown people instead of the foreclosure thugs stealing their houses.

you are the media you consume.

by MillMan (millguy at gmail) on Wed Oct 13th, 2010 at 09:56:37 PM EST
I'm not sure I understand who you imply is stealing whose house.

by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Thu Oct 14th, 2010 at 04:45:14 AM EST