by Fran (fran at eurotrib dot com) on Mon Feb 6th, 2012 at 01:57:41 PM EST
I'm assuming this is Amsterdam.  But I'd be particularly impressed if it was Venice.

And I'll give my consent to any government that does not deny a man a living wage-Billy Bragg
by ManfromMiddletown (manfrommiddletown at lycos dot com) on Mon Feb 6th, 2012 at 03:12:59 PM EST
It's Venice.

But Amsterdam looks similar.

by Nomad on Mon Feb 6th, 2012 at 03:16:24 PM EST
The way to tell them apart is to look for cars in the canals. There aren't any in Venice.

by gk (gk) on Mon Feb 6th, 2012 at 03:32:40 PM EST
ManfromMiddletown:
 But I'd be particularly impressed if it was Venice.

Follow that link and your impressions will be granted.

The fact is that what we're experiencing right now is a top-down disaster. -Paul Krugman

by dvx (dvx.clt št gmail dotcom) on Mon Feb 6th, 2012 at 03:21:43 PM EST
Ok.  I'm impressed.

It's been a really warm winter in North America, so my first thought is ohh pretty, not cold.

by ManfromMiddletown (manfrommiddletown at lycos dot com) on Mon Feb 6th, 2012 at 05:20:53 PM EST

I believe that's Split, on the Adriatic!

tens of millions of people stand to see their lives ruined because the bureaucrats at the ECB don't understand introductory economics -- Dean Baker

by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Mon Feb 6th, 2012 at 03:35:10 PM EST
What does Madrid look like?

by ManfromMiddletown (manfrommiddletown at lycos dot com) on Mon Feb 6th, 2012 at 05:21:35 PM EST
Temperatures are around freezing, but no snow or rain.

But there has been a heavy blizzard in Catalonia.

by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Mon Feb 6th, 2012 at 05:26:12 PM EST