Can we consider hoisting the Newsroom some days?

Maybe it's just me, but in the new position, somehow my brain doesn't notice it...

by Metatone (metatone [a|t] gmail (dot) com) on Tue Jan 29th, 2013 at 05:27:37 AM EST
There doesn't seem to be a fall in comments in either the OTs or the Newsroom ex-Salon, so presumably people find the middle column easily enough. Don't worry, rely on brain plasticity ;)
by afew (afew(a in a circle)eurotrib_dot_com) on Tue Jan 29th, 2013 at 06:01:20 AM EST
I was more concerned about the mythical new people who may drop by the front page. The Salon has often been mentioned by other bloggers as a selling point of this site.

My comments aren't numerous enough to be missed... ;-)

by Metatone (metatone [a|t] gmail (dot) com) on Tue Jan 29th, 2013 at 06:04:45 AM EST
Good point. I was feeling uneasy about that too.

It is rightly acknowledged that people of faith have no monopoly of virtue - Queen Elizabeth II
by eurogreen on Tue Jan 29th, 2013 at 06:19:44 AM EST
Possibly invert the "A place to talk" and "Newsroom" sections on the front page for a start...

by eurogreen on Tue Jan 29th, 2013 at 06:20:58 AM EST
That's possible, the order there is pretty much arbitrary.

My feeling is that newcomers who actually make it to the front page are more likely to be immediately attracted to the main blog posts and that they'll discover the joys of the Newsroom. I guess we should set-up a comprehensive A/B testing system to work out the best way of doing it.

It'll be ready in about 2037.

by Colman (colman at eurotrib.com) on Tue Jan 29th, 2013 at 06:34:13 AM EST
Before or after the commissioning of the HS2?

by eurogreen on Tue Jan 29th, 2013 at 08:20:51 AM EST