by Frank Schnittger
Wed Oct 22nd, 2008 at 05:34:45 PM EST
Money Central - Times Online - WBLG: Ten people who predicted the financial meltdown
The financial events of recent weeks have filled many of us with shock and panic. Surely no one could have predicted that we would be in this mess? Well, actually, they did. Here are ten people who saw the financial meltdown coming...
1. Vince Cable - deputy leader of the Liberal Democrats
2. Christopher Wood - chief strategist of CLSA, a broking firm in the Asia-Pacific Market.
3. Founders ofwww.stock-market-crash.net - website aimed at investors
4. Henry Weingarten - astrologer
5. Nouriel Roubini - economics professor
6. Nikolai Kondratiev - Russian Marxist economist
7. Founders of Housepricecrash.co.uk - property website
8. Lord Oakeshott - Liberal Democrat Treasury spokesman
9. Stephen Roach - senior executive at Morgan Stanley.
10. Ron Paul - Republican Congressman