Tue Jun 9th, 2009 at 06:02:45 AM EST
Update [2009-6-9 6:2:45 by DoDo]: The charts now include the complete inofficial results from all countries. Note that the size of EP factions is still subjet to change:
- the ID (18 MEP-elects) now looks to be below the 25 seat limit, thus poised for dissolution;
- UEN (32 MEP-elects) may fall below the threshold too, with further departures (in particular the 15 of PiS from Poland may join the EC);
- though Euronat parties collected only 17 MEP-elects, they may yet manage to cobble together a far-right faction with UEN and ID dropouts;
- the Italian Democratic Party (22 MEP-elects) is to decide whether they accept the offer of joining the PES faction in a looser alliance;
- Some other Non-Inscrits will decide on joining factions (f.e. Sweden's Pirate Party will decide for ALDE or Greens-EFA).
Breakdown of seats per country below the fold.
First a breakdown of the factions:
The result of national elections, in EP colours:
(NOTE: these percentages are for seats, not voters!)
You can click on the date to jump immediately to the appropriate section.
June 4 - The Netherlands, United Kingdom (97 seats)
June 5 - Ireland (12 seats)
June 6 - Cyprus, Latvia, Malta, Slovakia, Czech Republic (56 seats)
June 7 - Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Germany, Denmark, Spain, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Sweden (571 seats)