by Frank Schnittger
Sat Nov 3rd, 2012 at 06:52:10 PM EST
When President Obama defeats Romney in a few days time, the MSM are going to have to engage in a major excuse management and damage limitation exercise, spinning the result as not really a win for Democratic values and arguing that Obama must now implement Republican policies. Here's a sample of what you can expect to hear:
- Obama won the most divisive campaign in history. It's time to heal the wounds and govern from the center.
- Obama only won because of Sandy. He doesn't have a mandate.
- Romney was a RINO candidate - the Republicans made a mistake in not nominating a real conservative.
- Obama must now lead and implement Simpson-Bowles (despite the fact that the party stressing debt reduction lost the election).
- Our pundits and pollsters only called the election wrong because there was a very late (and irrational) swing to the President
- Obama wins clear victory but must now be more bipartisan in his approach
- Obama has lost the trust of the white electorate and must now take urgent steps to win it back
- Minorities only voted for Obama because he is black. That's unAmerican.
- Women only voted for Obama because Romney is too old for them
- Young people only voted for Obama because they were misled and misinformed. Polls show only 5% of young people understand basic economics. (Note to Ed. we need to commission a Rasmussen poll on this quick).
- The less well off voted against Romney because they were envious of his success and want the Government to redistribute his wealth.
- It's all Chris Christie's fault for undercutting the standard narrative that Obama is incompetent and Government can't do anything right.
Please add your MSM excuses in the comments below. Be prepared!