Any Given Open Thread

by dvx Wed Dec 12th, 2012 at 11:52:43 AM EST

Suitable for any arbitrary comment.

From any random poster.

The fact is that what we're experiencing right now is a top-down disaster. -Paul Krugman
by dvx (dvx.clt št gmail dotcom) on Wed Dec 12th, 2012 at 11:53:07 AM EST

You can't be me, I'm taken
by Sven Triloqvist on Wed Dec 12th, 2012 at 12:19:15 PM EST
So why did that make me think of this:

by dvx (dvx.clt št gmail dotcom) on Wed Dec 12th, 2012 at 02:45:50 PM EST
I think I got that robotics gig.  It will nice to work with other engineers rather than with developers.
by stevesim on Wed Dec 12th, 2012 at 01:08:32 PM EST
Great!

A vote for PES is a vote for EPP! A vote for EPP is a vote for PES! Support the coalition, vote EPP-PES in 2009!
by A swedish kind of death on Wed Dec 12th, 2012 at 01:54:42 PM EST
Thank you all for your support.  I greatly appreciate it.
by stevesim on Wed Dec 12th, 2012 at 02:03:58 PM EST
Remember : Only you now stand between civilization and the robot zombie apocalypse

keep to the Fen Causeway
by Helen (lareinagal at yahoo dot co dot uk) on Thu Dec 13th, 2012 at 03:42:59 AM EST
and only you, Helen, can stand between wonderfully refreshing ale and watered down oat broth!
by stevesim on Thu Dec 13th, 2012 at 06:16:52 AM EST

Any idiot can face a crisis - it's day to day living that wears you out.
by ceebs (ceebs (at) eurotrib (dot) com) on Wed Dec 12th, 2012 at 01:25:05 PM EST

"We can all be prosperous but we can't all be rich." Ian Welsh
by melo (melometa4(at)gmail.com) on Wed Dec 12th, 2012 at 05:02:39 PM EST
Saw The Hobbit tonight.

"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - AnaÔs Nin
by Crazy Horse on Wed Dec 12th, 2012 at 10:14:28 PM EST
What was it doing?
by afew (afew(a in a circle)eurotrib_dot_com) on Thu Dec 13th, 2012 at 01:42:18 AM EST
muttering about "His Precious" probably

keep to the Fen Causeway
by Helen (lareinagal at yahoo dot co dot uk) on Thu Dec 13th, 2012 at 03:44:05 AM EST
Me too. Freebie with Madame's work.

Sadly, I saw it in French, and without the three-dee. I don't think we had the 48fps thing either, in any case it didn't look startling as it's alleged to.

The film itself was a bit ho-hum, I'm afraid. Yes, it looks like the book I read when I was eight, but it's rather watered down and spun out. Three hours for the first leg of a trilogy. Pete has gone all star-wars on us.

It is rightly acknowledged that people of faith have no monopoly of virtue - Queen Elizabeth II

by eurogreen on Thu Dec 13th, 2012 at 04:52:01 AM EST
Is there something going on behind the scenes with the 48 fps thing? It hardly seems worth it for current viewing purposes, maybe it has to do with a future version, maybe 3d with alternating views or something?
by asdf on Thu Dec 13th, 2012 at 10:14:06 AM EST