Tue Dec 25th, 2012 at 06:46:05 AM EST
| A Daily Review Of International Online Media |Europe on this date in history:
1950 - Theft of the Stone of Scone, an oblong piece of stone, used for centuries in the coronation of the monarchs of the United Kingdom, taken from Westminster Abbey by Scottish nationalist students.
More here and here
A replica of the Stone
| The European Salon is a daily selection of news items to which you are invited to contribute. Post links to news stories that interest you, or just your comments. Come in and join us!|
The Salon has different rooms or sections for your enjoyment. If you would like to join the discussion, then to add a link or comment to a topic or section, please click on "Reply to this" in one of the following sections:
- EUROPE - is the place for anything to do with Europe.
- ECONOMY & FINANCE - is where you find what is going on in finance and the economy.
- WORLD - here you can add links and comments on topics concerning world affairs.
- LIVING OFF THE PLANET - is about the environment, energy, agriculture, food...
- LIVING ON THE PLANET - is about humanity, society, culture, history, information...
- PEOPLE AND KLATSCH - this is the place for stories about people and of course also for gossipy items. But it's also there for open discussion at any time.