Welcome to European Tribune. It's gone a bit quiet around here these days, but it's still going.
In Canada donations to political parties are tax deductible, I believe at a higher rate than for charities.

When it comes to charities, Canada has a matching grant system called CIDA. I really don't know that much about it,

 Have in-house skills in at least one of the priority activity sectors of the IHA (International Humanitarian Aid - sic) program, and more specifically, in the priority sectors needed to respond to the Asia disaster.
 Have three years of work experience in the delivery of humanitarian assistance in at least three different countries.
 Be active before the disaster in the affected countries.
 Have experience and proven capacity to achieve results directly relevant to humanitarian-assistance objectives.
 Be able to submit credible reports showing a track record of achieving relevant results.
 Be committed to networking, partnership, and coordination through strong existing relationships with local NGOs in developing countries and through experience in cooperation with UN organizations and local governments.

except that it monitors charities and provides matching Canadian government money to private donations for some charities. Effectively for every dollar you give two dollars are donated and you can receive money back on your taxes.

aspiring to genteel poverty

by edwin (eeeeeeee222222rrrrreeeeeaaaaadddddd@@@@yyyyaaaaaaa) on Sat Nov 25th, 2006 at 10:23:37 AM EST
[ Parent ]

Others have rated this comment as follows:

Nomad 4


Top Diaries

Occasional Series