Welcome to European Tribune. It's gone a bit quiet around here these days, but it's still going.
Foreigners (including EU) must do this in France, not nationals. For tax purposes, that is with the tax authorities, not the municipality. And a person may have property, or reside, in several places, and therefore pay tax in two or more municipal districts or wards in big towns. So voter registration is a way of opting for where you vote.
by afew (afew(a in a circle)eurotrib_dot_com) on Fri Dec 1st, 2006 at 06:14:04 AM EST
[ Parent ]

Others have rated this comment as follows:


Occasional Series