Welcome to European Tribune. It's gone a bit quiet around here these days, but it's still going.
But don't you have to register a 'primary residence', and don't some taxes (say income tax) only correspond with that place? Also, is France still that much centralised that local authorities don't have a share in the tax (only money assigned by the central government)?

*Lunatic*, n.
One whose delusions are out of fashion.
by DoDo on Fri Dec 1st, 2006 at 06:20:40 AM EST
[ Parent ]
You have a primary residence. But you can opt to vote in the place of your secondary residence. You pay local taxes on both.

Income tax documents use your primary residence address, but you can just as well file your returns and pay through Internet, there is no formal link with local authorities.

The redistribution from the central State to local authorities, as far as I know, has no connection with income tax as such. It just comes out of the Treasury (afaik).

by afew (afew(a in a circle)eurotrib_dot_com) on Fri Dec 1st, 2006 at 11:38:05 AM EST
[ Parent ]


Occasional Series