Does anyone have the statistics comparing the number of wildlife deaths due to windmills v. due to oil slicks each year?

by p------- on Fri Jun 23rd, 2006 at 03:48:19 PM EST

In the long run, we're all dead. John Maynard Keynes
by Jerome a Paris (etg@eurotrib.com) on Fri Jun 23rd, 2006 at 05:09:58 PM EST
How is a Cat an anthropogenic cause of bird deaths? Unless we're talking of the act of keeping cats and birds in the same house as pets, of course.

by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Fri Jun 23rd, 2006 at 05:11:13 PM EST
Don't ask me, I hate pets.

In the long run, we're all dead. John Maynard Keynes
by Jerome a Paris (etg@eurotrib.com) on Fri Jun 23rd, 2006 at 05:13:45 PM EST
That data would also be best displayed as a pie chart, since it has been rescaled.

by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Fri Jun 23rd, 2006 at 05:15:44 PM EST
you have realised by now that I have not produced any of the graphs I display here and there, and thus cannot do anything about their zero-scaling, or formatting, or other display imperfections - which , if I may add, I am usually aware of, but ignore when the information provided is good enough.

Should I provide all the relevant mathematical critique each time? Those that care about these things will do it on their own anyway.

In the long run, we're all dead. John Maynard Keynes

by Jerome a Paris (etg@eurotrib.com) on Fri Jun 23rd, 2006 at 05:42:51 PM EST
They hate you too: I asked.
by Colman (colman at eurotrib.com) on Fri Jun 23rd, 2006 at 05:24:51 PM EST
I don't really care.

(Actually, dogs just love to come to me and go all sloppy and slobbering - please love me. I see that you are not touched by my doggedness (doggyness?), but please love me anyway - with these big mournful eyes. So I get punished for my sins alright)

In the long run, we're all dead. John Maynard Keynes

by Jerome a Paris (etg@eurotrib.com) on Fri Jun 23rd, 2006 at 05:40:22 PM EST
Now we know why you don't smile.

Know who else hates pets?  Serial killers.  You're probably planning to chop us all to bits with your windmills, aren't you?  No wonder you don't want us to drive.  Makes it harder for us to get away when we're on foot.  Here we thought, "Wow, this nice Frenchman wants to lend us a hand with our energy problems..."  When you were just gaining our confidence so you could chop us up and bury us under your creepy city with the rest of those creepy skeletons and take over our country, probably.  And you wonder why there's a French bias in the press.  Sheesh!

by p------- on Fri Jun 23rd, 2006 at 05:49:35 PM EST
that the press bias is all about me?!

I can live with that...

In the long run, we're all dead. John Maynard Keynes

by Jerome a Paris (etg@eurotrib.com) on Fri Jun 23rd, 2006 at 05:57:54 PM EST

Does anyone care?

by Frank Schnittger - Oct 10
68 comments

Spain is not a democracy

by IdiotSavant - Oct 14