LOL. Poor Chris...

Anyway, who needs the Moscow Times when you have ET, the eXile, and MosNews?  If Chris's work is that good, someone will pick it up, or he can just join the rest of us freelancers. :)

by p------- on Thu Jul 27th, 2006 at 04:10:07 PM EST
It is that good.

And it has been picked up.

Not to mention that www.chris-floyd.com does more than 50.000 uniques a month.

C'est la Vie.

Atlantic Free Press

by ghandi (expatforums@gmail.com) on Thu Jul 27th, 2006 at 04:35:42 PM EST
I have been thinking about this. I will give my suspicion by extending poemless's comment twice -- first, I suspect this is how you (ghandi) probably read it:

LOL [hehe, what a fool]. Poor Chris [what a crybaby]...

Hey, if it is any consolation, I think the MT sucks and was just writing a diary saying so. [Floyd was one journalist of one crappy paper.]

But in all fairness, I've never really understood how his column fit in with the paper. [Floyd was always off-topic.]

Anyway, who needs the Moscow Times when you have ET, the eXile, and MosNews? [The MT's and Floyd's writing was irrelevant anyway.]  If Chris's work is that good [as you claim but I have doubts], someone will pick it up [but as I think it isn't it won't], or he can just join the rest of us freelancers [e.g. spout his worthless prose for free]. :)

...and this is how I read it and strongly suspect also how poemless intended it and afew and Migeru and Jerome read it:

LOL [hehe, what a fool this editor is]. Poor Chris [I feel for him]...

Hey, if it is any consolation, I think the MT sucks and was just writing a diary saying so. [It should be good riddance for such a good writer as Floyd.]

But in all fairness, I've never really understood how his column fit in with the paper. [Floyd was too good for that lousy paper, so he can at least look for a new forum for his writings that is up to hisa standards.]

Anyway, who needs the Moscow Times when you have ET, the eXile, and MosNews? [Floyd can't be silenced as his writing was reposted and in the future can be posted on these other forums.]  If Chris's work is that good, someone will pick it up [e.g. no need to worry even if temporarily only posting for free on the internet], or he can just join the rest of us freelancers [e.g. with his talent he could also pursue a career as influential blogger]. :)

*Lunatic*, n.
One whose delusions are out of fashion.
by DoDo on Fri Jul 28th, 2006 at 05:15:38 AM EST
DoDo, I think you should have let him answer for himself.

And let me answer for myself what exactly I meant.

by p------- on Fri Jul 28th, 2006 at 07:48:44 AM EST
You have, by stupidity alone, buried your chance at making money as a writer.

You really are a moron.

Atlantic Free Press

by ghandi (expatforums@gmail.com) on Thu Jul 27th, 2006 at 04:42:31 PM EST
Was that addressed to me?  Why did you just call me a moron?

by p------- on Thu Jul 27th, 2006 at 04:47:50 PM EST
Oh yes it was addressed to  you.

It was specifically from me to you. Not from Floyd.

From Richard Kastelein. Not Chris Floyd.

My opinion stands as such.

Atlantic Free Press

by ghandi (expatforums@gmail.com) on Thu Jul 27th, 2006 at 05:20:13 PM EST
I repeat my question. What have you read as insulting in poemless's original comment?

*Lunatic*, n.
One whose delusions are out of fashion.
by DoDo on Thu Jul 27th, 2006 at 05:21:49 PM EST
What have you read in poemless's comment that elicited this insult? I can't find anything, and suspect you misread the tenor of something.

*Lunatic*, n.
One whose delusions are out of fashion.
by DoDo on Thu Jul 27th, 2006 at 04:58:41 PM EST
I'm baffled.  I even recommended this diary!  I certainly didn't mean any insult to the diarist.  "Stupid" "poemless" "moron"?  Is this really warranted?  Ok, I have to own #2.  But still...

by p------- on Thu Jul 27th, 2006 at 05:07:55 PM EST
Absent an explanation from ghandi, I suggest you unrecommend.
by afew (afew(a in a circle)eurotrib_dot_com) on Thu Jul 27th, 2006 at 05:15:55 PM EST
Well, I have, but this is all really too bad.  I'm frankly keen on reading about the behind the scenes melodrama of the Russian (or English in Russia) Press.
Too bad some of these comments have taken the focus off that.  Contrary to popular belief I do not enjoy this kind of attention.  There are some roaming gnomes who can attest to that...

by p------- on Thu Jul 27th, 2006 at 05:33:03 PM EST
That insult seems inexplicable and unwarranted. This is why I gave you a warning (2). Sorry to be unpoetic.
by afew (afew(a in a circle)eurotrib_dot_com) on Thu Jul 27th, 2006 at 05:17:19 PM EST
All I can see is that poemless said "if he is that good". Now, is Ghandi Chris Floyd's webmaster or his attack dog, I wonder?

Nothing is 'mere'. — Richard P. Feynman
by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Thu Jul 27th, 2006 at 05:18:52 PM EST
I have been fighting paid hacks for a long time.

Too long.

For Floyd and for other dissident writers.

And I will continue to do so.

Atlantic Free Press

by ghandi (expatforums@gmail.com) on Thu Jul 27th, 2006 at 05:23:32 PM EST
Are you calling anyone on this thread a paid hack? Have another 2.

Nothing is 'mere'. — Richard P. Feynman
by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Thu Jul 27th, 2006 at 05:25:15 PM EST
Forget hacks, is someone getting paid to be here?  How can I get in on that action?

by p------- on Thu Jul 27th, 2006 at 05:26:44 PM EST
It's possible that Ghandi here is paid to crosspost, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Nothing is 'mere'. — Richard P. Feynman
by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Thu Jul 27th, 2006 at 05:29:00 PM EST
Dream on.

And have onother one.

Chris has already been picked up and will get paid more to write. (which he deserves)

Unlike yourself.

C'est la vie.

Atlantic Free Press

by ghandi (expatforums@gmail.com) on Thu Jul 27th, 2006 at 05:31:19 PM EST
Look, if you're pissed off about the Moscow Times you can take it out on another blog. Like Little Green Footballs, for instance.

Nothing is 'mere'. — Richard P. Feynman
by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Thu Jul 27th, 2006 at 05:33:11 PM EST
No one here is paid.

I have a suggestion for you: take your crossposts and your insults, and put them somewhere else.

I'm not warning you this time, I'm troll-rating you.

by afew (afew(a in a circle)eurotrib_dot_com) on Thu Jul 27th, 2006 at 05:31:13 PM EST
Heh.

That's what they did at DK.

I am an expat. I live in Europe.

Do you?

Does that give you the right to troll rate me?

Please read all my posts in this community before you take the plunge.

Atlantic Free Press

by ghandi (expatforums@gmail.com) on Thu Jul 27th, 2006 at 05:33:27 PM EST
Your comments on this thread warrant troll-rating, unlike the rest of your posts.

Where you live and where you come from are completely irrelevant.

Nothing is 'mere'. — Richard P. Feynman

by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Thu Jul 27th, 2006 at 05:35:27 PM EST
I don't have anything to prove to you. As a user, I'm troll-rating you for abuse.

C'est la vie.

by afew (afew(a in a circle)eurotrib_dot_com) on Thu Jul 27th, 2006 at 05:38:31 PM EST
Is this necessary?

*Lunatic*, n.
One whose delusions are out of fashion.
by DoDo on Thu Jul 27th, 2006 at 05:41:33 PM EST
Must be the unusually hot summer.

Nothing is 'mere'. — Richard P. Feynman
by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Thu Jul 27th, 2006 at 05:43:50 PM EST
afew is a Welshman born in England and living in France, and a longtime commenter of ET. Don't compare what happened to you over on dKos to what happens here: your comment weren't troll-rated for political content, and you were banned at dKos while that's not considered here (which I can say as a frontpager).

Could you stop for a moment and explain at last what you thought was insulting to you or to Floyd in poemless's original comment?

*Lunatic*, n.
One whose delusions are out of fashion.

by DoDo on Thu Jul 27th, 2006 at 05:40:09 PM EST
Why the nasty comments? poemless has been writing about Russia on ET for a long time, and her comment was quite harmless.

Your comments in this thread are out of line. You've been crossposting your (enjoyable) texts here for a bit of time, so surely you realize that this is not dailyKos and that we have different community standards here. But even applying the rougher dK standrds, your comments are really baffling, as there was nothing in the other commenters' words to justify this display of aggressivity.

We're just a small blog, we really appreciate the crossposts of quality stuff, but we can do without the bile. Please.

In the long run, we're all dead. John Maynard Keynes