Great pics and great fun, TBG, it looks like a really good day! Nonetheless:

From afar, dear brethren, we note with pain the absence of the Blessed Pancake from your liturgy. The Evisceration and Immersion of the Holy Lemon is in fact a slight (some would say considerable) departure from tradition, essentially based, as I'm sure you know, on the Doctrinal Council of Toulouse (785)'s judgment in favour of the Immoderate Elevation above the Blessed Pancake. Some doctors of the ET Citric Church hold that the Evisceration and Immersion are not incompatible with the Elevation, insofar as the latter precedes the former and the B.P. gets its juice. But wot, no pancakes?

The Concilium Quaternum of Dublin will no doubt be called on to adjudicate.

by afew (afew(a in a circle)eurotrib_dot_com) on Mon Aug 21st, 2006 at 04:15:24 AM EST
Excommunication!

Heresy must be suppressed as soon as it rears its ugly head. What next? Maple syrup?

Lord Commander and Navigator of the Dux, I beseech thee to convene a Compassionate Council of Pilkkunussijat, that we may save the Ancient Traditions of the BP from heathen usurpers.

Where is that Nomad BTW?

You can't be me, I'm taken

by Sven Triloqvist on Mon Aug 21st, 2006 at 04:49:58 AM EST
That was one of the topics I raise.

"Where's Nomad got to?" I said.

"Dunno," said Colman.

"Didn't he go walking?" said metatone.

"In Sweden?" said ThatBritGuy.

"Ah yes," we said in unison, "he went walking in Sweden."

"For six weeks," added Colman.

"With a group of people," added metatone.

I worry that I may have got the names and content wrong in the above, but apart from who said what and what they said about who, it's all, er, oh.

Don't fight forces, use them R. Buckminster Fuller.

by rg (leopold dot lepster at google mail dot com) on Mon Aug 21st, 2006 at 05:11:45 AM EST
Rather than excommunication, dialogue, my brother...

Nomad is lost in the Swedish forests somewhere. May he soon re-emerge. (But I think he's more a chocolate-pie believer than a true follower of the BP).

by afew (afew(a in a circle)eurotrib_dot_com) on Mon Aug 21st, 2006 at 05:55:07 AM EST
Six weeks in the Swedish Forest?

I hope he remembers to avoid the elks.

Eats cheroots and leaves.

by NeutralObserver on Mon Aug 21st, 2006 at 10:38:54 AM EST
alrighty then - ex communication.

You can't be me, I'm taken