sorry, not convincing
by manon (m@gmail.com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 04:26:12 PM EST
It's not up to me to convince you, it's up to you to convince me.

In the long run, we're all dead. John Maynard Keynes
by Jerome a Paris (etg@eurotrib.com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 04:30:21 PM EST
Now, if we're going to do this honestly you have to set the goalposts ahead of time.

Those whom the Gods wish to destroy They first make mad. — Euripides
by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 04:32:59 PM EST
This started this thread:

I watched one of the 9-11 conspiracy videos today.  At least with the Pentagon crash and flight 93, they make a very good point:  the debris and targets in the crashes do not look the way they should.

An extraordinary claim. So far I have seen no evidence beyond "it doesn't look the way it should and I know, I'm a mechanical engineer".

I don't claim any mechanical competence, but I call for evidence. Nothing more, nothing less.

Thus your comment is disingenuous. I did not move the goalposts.

In the long run, we're all dead. John Maynard Keynes

by Jerome a Paris (etg@eurotrib.com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 04:38:12 PM EST
You have to give some indication of what you will accept as "extraordinary evidence" ahead of time. I did not say you moved the goalposts.

Those whom the Gods wish to destroy They first make mad. — Euripides
by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 04:44:18 PM EST
I don't even try to convince people with closed minds
by manon (m@gmail.com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 04:38:22 PM EST