"open" as in "open fire range"?

Those whom the Gods wish to destroy They first make mad. — Euripides
by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 04:40:53 PM EST
open as in "open for business"
by manon (m@gmail.com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 04:44:37 PM EST
I don't understand that comment, manon. Would you care to explain?
by afew (afew(a in a circle)eurotrib_dot_com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 04:53:42 PM EST
you know, someone's brain is open for business, i.e. working
by manon (m@gmail.com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 05:37:29 PM EST
I think mine's working. Mind you, I'm not an engineer or even a physicist, so I don't know what kind of brain I might have. For what it's worth, my brain tells me the subject there was the thread, not someone's brain.

So someone's brain was open for business? Really?

by afew (afew(a in a circle)eurotrib_dot_com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 05:49:43 PM EST
I'm trying to respond to a few people so I may be mistaken in my response to you
by manon (m@gmail.com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 06:06:18 PM EST
It's obvious that you originally meant "'open' as in 'unrestricted content'", so why not just say that?

Those whom the Gods wish to destroy They first make mad. — Euripides
by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 06:09:12 PM EST
because there have been no restrictions on content.

In the long run, we're all dead. John Maynard Keynes
by Jerome a Paris (etg@eurotrib.com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 06:12:16 PM EST
I don't think manon likes other people speaking for her, Mig.
by afew (afew(a in a circle)eurotrib_dot_com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 06:22:08 PM EST
Migeru can be my official spokesperson anytime

that way, I can get a Spanish translation as well

by manon (m@gmail.com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 06:26:54 PM EST
sorry - I thought I was talking about closed minds
by manon (m@gmail.com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 06:24:10 PM EST
Migeru said "open" as in "open fire range", and you thought it was about closed minds so you said "open for business"?

Look, let's be kind and say you must have been very confused. And didn't mean to make unfortunate insinuations about this site and the way it's run, or the people, Jerome first, who put in a huge amount of their time here for 0 kopeks.

by afew (afew(a in a circle)eurotrib_dot_com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 06:39:36 PM EST