no answer.  I guess blind faith.  And I thought we were all hip people who didn't put much faith in blind faith.
by manon (m@gmail.com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 03:33:16 PM EST
You want an answer in twelve minutes???
by Colman (colman at eurotrib.com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 03:34:12 PM EST
ok, you know something about engineering and/or aircraft?
by manon (m@gmail.com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 03:35:07 PM EST
Me? Shit no. But I don't get all cranky if I don't get a response within twelve minutes.
by Colman (colman at eurotrib.com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 03:36:32 PM EST
Hell, I can't even do arithmetic. Make that six minutes.
by Colman (colman at eurotrib.com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 03:38:32 PM EST
how about if I called you stupid and naive like I just was?
by manon (m@gmail.com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 03:38:49 PM EST
Oh feel free. It seems to be the fashion around here right now.

Anyway, he didn't call you stupid and naive. He called the theory that. Not only stupid and naive people hold stupid and naive theories.

by Colman (colman at eurotrib.com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 03:42:02 PM EST
you forgot to mention that people who support the accepted theories without knowing anything about the field in question, feel they know it all.  not all of them are ignorant.
by manon (m@gmail.com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 03:44:27 PM EST
After 6 years of schooling and 10 years of profesional exprience, don't try to tell me to accept your word about something because you said so.
by manon (m@gmail.com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 03:48:54 PM EST
Are you confusing me and DoDo? I didn't ask you to accept anything?
by Colman (colman at eurotrib.com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 03:51:13 PM EST
then maybe you shouldn't be arguing his case?
by manon (m@gmail.com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 03:55:18 PM EST
He was trying to moderate.

Those whom the Gods wish to destroy They first make mad. — Euripides
by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 03:57:05 PM EST
oh, is that what you call moderating around here?
by manon (m@gmail.com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 03:58:53 PM EST
You have a point.

I prefer the cupcake method of moderating, myself...

by p------- on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 04:00:52 PM EST
Can I have a cupcake?

Those whom the Gods wish to destroy They first make mad. — Euripides
by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 04:04:17 PM EST
Well, it's Colman we're talking about. If you look at the ET-opedia article on "grumpy" his picture is on it.

Those whom the Gods wish to destroy They first make mad. — Euripides
by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 04:03:46 PM EST
And did I?

*Lunatic*, n.
One whose delusions are out of fashion.
by DoDo on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 03:55:55 PM EST
Stop it.  Both of you.  Please.  With a cherry on top.

by p------- on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 03:45:14 PM EST
Hey.

I happen to know that there is a subliminal flashing message on the title "open thread" which reads Please Be Overly Irritable! ... Please Be Overly Irritable! ... but let's all make an effort to ignore it.  We are better than some crappy brainwashing technology.  We can overcome it.

by p------- on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 03:41:53 PM EST
BLOODY HELL. WE GIVE YOU THE KEYS TO GNOMEDOM AND HOW DO YOU REPAY US? HOW??? BY GIVING AWAY OUR SECRETS. I HATE YOU!!!!
by Colman (colman at eurotrib.com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 03:43:44 PM EST
Calm down, now, Colman, you're validating poemless's revelations and we don't want that, do we?

Just tell her that theory is stupid and naive, that should do it.

by afew (afew(a in a circle)eurotrib_dot_com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 03:50:17 PM EST
Aha I should have known there was a reason for people fighting so much around here lately. Since your promotion we've been packing punches around like Mike Tyson on a blindfold.

But I'll let you in on my own thought about this: fighting is good, it shows that we're passionate.

by Alex in Toulouse on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 03:52:48 PM EST
Whaddayou know about anything anyway?
by afew (afew(a in a circle)eurotrib_dot_com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 03:58:34 PM EST
I read a great quote today, in a comic book by Goossens ("Encyclopedia of Babies"):

"The ultimate quest for a baby, is that for wisdom. In certain philosophies, the quest for Wisdom expresses itself as the slow ascension towards Buddhahood. At the end of his quest, a Western baby can brutally decide to slow down all his daily gestures and reduce the size of his universe. He is then capable of playing cards for hours straight, while talking about his daily life to a barman. It is the ultimate renouncement of the desire to achieve Buddhahood that only a wise Westerner is capable of".

by Alex in Toulouse on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 04:10:27 PM EST
Hey, I had nothing to do with this one.

by p------- on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 03:59:43 PM EST
Aha, so you admit to having everything to do with all the other ones?
I'm calling my 7-foot tall buddies.
by Alex in Toulouse on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 04:05:24 PM EST
spoken like a true Frenchman ;-)
by manon (m@gmail.com) on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 04:19:23 PM EST
Sorry Alex...totally off the topic...just found this...we thought you might like it...

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. Oscar Wilde

by Sam on Fri Sep 15th, 2006 at 05:03:25 PM EST