Welcome to European Tribune. It's gone a bit quiet around here these days, but it's still going.
Is there anything other than income tax between groos and net, and why would you have to get negative income tax?

"It's the statue, man, The Statue."
by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Mon Feb 12th, 2007 at 02:36:30 PM EST
[ Parent ]
Difference between gross and net are mandatory social taxes (retirement, health, unemployment ...). More social taxes are paid by your employer but that's not counter in what we call gross.

To get negative income tax you just have to work and be paid under 1.4 times the minimum wages, its amount is maximum at exactly the minimum wage.

If you look at the spreadsheets on my blog spot on taxes, you'll see that low incomes ranges "pay" a negative income tax.

BTW it's called "prime pour l'emploi" in France if you want to google.

by Laurent GUERBY on Tue Feb 13th, 2007 at 02:56:39 AM EST
[ Parent ]


Occasional Series