What effect will it have on ET's overall image?

We've got an open thread with pictures of stilletto races and crop circles, and you think astrology is the only thing that's gonna make people question our reputation?

by lychee on Tue Aug 21st, 2007 at 05:30:02 AM EST
The question is not the discussion in this thread, it's whether astrology os a serious future subject for ET.
by afew (afew(a in a circle)eurotrib_dot_com) on Tue Aug 21st, 2007 at 05:39:07 AM EST
you sound like an intellectual snob.  are you?
by zoe on Tue Aug 21st, 2007 at 05:43:08 AM EST
You sound like you enjoy picking fights with front-pagers. Do you?
by afew (afew(a in a circle)eurotrib_dot_com) on Tue Aug 21st, 2007 at 05:55:25 AM EST
oh the front pagers.  excuuuuse me.  I didn't realize there were two classes of people here.n  I think that must be one of the most arrogant comments I have ever read on any blog.

as for your question, the answer is no.  I doubt I will ever pick a fight with Bob or Fran.

by zoe on Tue Aug 21st, 2007 at 05:58:34 AM EST
and stiletto race heels are fun and there's nothing wrong with them

it's very paternalistic to be cherry picking topics like this and deciding which are ok and which are "not good for our reputation"

a very good way to hurt people's feelings and lose contributors

I also apologize for the comments about the discussion about drugs.  If anyone wants to talk about that, I am not the arbiter of good taste, and it's as valid as anything I have to say.  I was lashing out and that's not right.

men shaving their privates on the other hand ....

by zoe on Tue Aug 21st, 2007 at 05:40:32 AM EST
and nothing wrong with crop circles either.
by zoe on Tue Aug 21st, 2007 at 05:59:07 AM EST
Definitely not (and to ThatBritGuy, I wasn't trying to go after you or your crop circle photo either).
by lychee on Tue Aug 21st, 2007 at 06:27:13 AM EST
Hi people, I love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So could you please exhale deeply and then count to ten. :-)

I lkove it, when people love to disagree - but I think we had enough. In the end we are just a big ET family! and I guess there are disagreements in every family.

And I hope your statement about not picking a fight with me holds true, mmmmm. :-)

Oh, and lychee this comment is not for you personally, I think it just fits in well in this place. :-)

by Fran (fran at eurotrib dot com) on Tue Aug 21st, 2007 at 06:05:37 AM EST
of course.  your name holds a lot of weight with me.

you would never judge people that way either.

by zoe on Tue Aug 21st, 2007 at 06:11:25 AM EST
We all love you too Fran!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you didn't think the comment about stilletto races was directed at you, either-- I was just using it as an example.

by lychee on Tue Aug 21st, 2007 at 06:25:01 AM EST