I hope you announce it so we can drink and sing to you, poemless.

Our knowledge has surpassed our wisdom. -Charu Saxena.
by metavision on Mon Aug 20th, 2007 at 01:58:03 PM EST
can anyone tell me if women still get serenaded in Spain by their husbands, boyfriends or lovers?

I had an official serenade once when I was in Colombia and it was wonderful.  I recommend it to everyone.

by zoe on Mon Aug 20th, 2007 at 02:17:27 PM EST
this is a great idea for a small business.  minimal investment, gives unemployed musicians work and gets a lot of free PR
by zoe on Mon Aug 20th, 2007 at 04:59:14 PM EST
Hey, Izzy was just remarking to me that we should become freelance love-letter writers.  lol.  Yes, we should not underestimate the market for sappy romanticism, or what people will be willing to do for money. :)

"Pretending that you already know the answer when you don't is not actually very helpful." ~Migeru.
by poemless on Mon Aug 20th, 2007 at 05:26:32 PM EST
in Latin America, husbands get up in the middle of the night to go join the band they hired to serenade their wife.  the husband usually sings along with the band.

the serenading is done in the middle of the night, and wakes up the whole neighbourhood, but nobody complains as soon as  they realize it's a serenade.

cheap romanticism?  maybe.  but I liked it.  and so did my ex, and the band, and the whole neighbourhood who listened in.

by zoe on Mon Aug 20th, 2007 at 05:40:55 PM EST
And once one husband/boyfriend in a neighbourhood has done it, the rest get told "you never do anything like that for me" forcing a few more to dip into their pockets, the more that do it, the heavier the pressure on the rest.

Genius marketing. ;-)

Any idiot can face a crisis - it's day to day living that wears you out.

by ceebs (ceebs (at) eurotrib (dot) com) on Mon Aug 20th, 2007 at 05:53:34 PM EST

Impeachment gets real