Metamousse  ...  Metaschmousse.  I don't even know what BDSM stands for.  This insider lingo takes time.

While I've got you on the horn.  I was going to ask metavision on the next go-around but what the hell, why not hit on you?

Who are the major players ... the management .. at ET?
I've got an idea for a major (by my definition) diary project and I want to trial balloon it with the powers that be.  Can you provide me with their aliases/email addresses?  Danka.  (That's German)

They tried to assimilate me. They failed.

by THE Twank (yatta blah blah @ blah.com) on Mon Sep 3rd, 2007 at 09:37:56 AM EST
Basically the staff are in two cathegories (though overlapping) Frontpagers (FP) and gnomes (who twinks the computer thingy from time to time). The FPs are found on the frontpage in the right column under 'Blogroll' (which might not be the most intuitive place to find it) and their email adresses are generally found in their signatoures.

Otherwise you can always write your trial balloon into a diary about what you wanted to ask and see how it pans out. Usually works fine for most communication, plus (if you consider it a plus) you get input from more people.

Danka. (That's German)

I thought it was Danke...

by A swedish kind of death on Mon Sep 3rd, 2007 at 10:14:41 AM EST
Thanks Swede.  I tend to be a cautious person ... no need to stir the pot when you don't have to.  After I posted my question about "who runs this joint, anyway" I went to do "other stuff" and came back a few hours later to find this huge fucking .... is the proper term "thread" .... trailing after my posting.  I started reading some of the replies and I thought, "What the fuck?".  I post what was suppose to be an innocuous question about who is in charge and it generates .... THIS.  As we used to say as kids, "Man 0 Maneschewitz"  (wine name is probably misspelled)  Anyway, holy shit, I've got to be careful what I type around here.  God knows what would be the response if I farted.  The torrent of bits and bytes would melt my CPU.  So now, looking at the text my "innocent" question produced, I am DEFINITELY going to blow my idea by the powers-that-be, and LET them be as conservative and critical as possible.

To quote Danny Glover in the Lethal Weapon series,
"I'm too OLD for this shit!"

Anyway, thankie thankie for the help.  I've got a ton more questions to ask "someone"  but I want to get to the rest of the replies down below.

And yes, I know, the proper spelling is danke.  I took 4 years of high school German eons ago and I still retain some of it.  I suffer from a "mental disorder".  Don't ask the source ... long story.  Suffice it to say that I suffer from this delusion that I can say (type) funny things, people will think that I am amusing, and they will like me.  "Hey look, Twank said danka (the idiot).  Why don't we invite him to the party." I've got my HA - HA side and I've got my dead serious side; very little in between.  Can you guess that I live alone and why?

In the words of the immortal artist Art Ahr  (I wonder how old Art is doing?)

In the United States, we say "good bye";

in Italy, it's "Asta la pizza";

and in Germany, it's "Auf Wienerschnitzel"

Ciao y'all and once again, thank you!

They tried to assimilate me. They failed.

by THE Twank (yatta blah blah @ blah.com) on Mon Sep 3rd, 2007 at 10:24:16 PM EST
Come on! Stop beating around the bush. If you have a diary, just post it. The worst thing that could happen to it is not being commented.

Do you always need a boss to tell you what to do?

"Dieu se rit des hommes qui se plaignent des conséquences alors qu'ils en chérissent les causes" Jacques-Bénigne Bossuet

by Melanchthon on Tue Sep 4th, 2007 at 03:24:40 AM EST
You don't need to contact the Management to post a diary here. There is no prior censorship and the final judgement is whether the users at large read, comment and recommend your diary.

Can the last politician to go out the revolving door please turn the lights off?
by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Mon Sep 3rd, 2007 at 10:24:55 AM EST
(Consensual) Bondage, Discipline, Domination, Submission, Sadism, Masochism.

It is not ET lingo (though I could tell you a few stories) - it is the lingo of those who have moved on from missionary work.

You can't be me, I'm taken

by Sven Triloqvist on Mon Sep 3rd, 2007 at 10:25:38 AM EST
Svenny boy (I assume you are male) howz it hangin'?

Thank you for the reply.  Gratzi.

Thanks for the S&M update.  An old fart like me must stay current with all of the important trends.

Just left a reply for the Swedish Chef.  No need to recount that.

Question:  Do they allow multiple aliases for one person on this site?  Would they allow me to blog under more than one alias?

Questions, questions, I'm just full of them.

Oh yeah, I went to this diary and found the replies after ... I assume by the numbering ...#90 highlighted with a RED BOX and other weird shit.  Is management warning us that we are taking up too much memory on the server for one diary and "knock it off"?  I associate RED with sirens, No-NO's, etc.

Gotta run.  More replies to peruse down below.

Auf Wienerschnitzel  (God, I love that.  Wish I had thought of it.  Damn!)

They tried to assimilate me. They failed.

by THE Twank (yatta blah blah @ blah.com) on Mon Sep 3rd, 2007 at 10:58:45 PM EST
Those comments have had their "editorial" flag toggled by a front-pager. You can see that in the bars at either end of the comments
My Cover Is Blown | 126 comments (103 topical, 23 editorial, 0 hidden) | Post A Comment
"Editorial" comments are not visible from the diary view, but are still available if you know how to look for them. "Hidden" comments are the ones that are considered inappropriate by the community at large (by means of at least one 0 - mega troll rating).

Oye, vatos, dees English sink todos mi ships, chinga sus madres, so escuche: el fleet es ahora refloated, OK? — The War Nerd
by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Sun Sep 9th, 2007 at 01:01:53 PM EST
Just post the diary, no need for prior clearance.
by afew (afew(a in a circle)eurotrib_dot_com) on Mon Sep 3rd, 2007 at 11:15:10 AM EST

Taxing Property