Given that all @eurotrib.com email addresses arrive to me, I got more than my fair share of media exposure and was almost the only ETer to be quoted in the media.

That may require some thought on how to correct, unless people think this is appropriate to let me have all the glory?

In the long run, we're all dead. John Maynard Keynes

by Jerome a Paris (etg@eurotrib.com) on Sun Mar 2nd, 2008 at 05:48:49 PM EST
You could have "editors@eurotrib.com" (or whatever the primary contact address is) forward to all the front pagers.

you are the media you consume.

by MillMan (millguy at gmail) on Sun Mar 2nd, 2008 at 10:00:12 PM EST
He could also have <username>@eurotrib.com forward to individual FPers and etg@eurotrib.com forward to all of us. But we are still not running ET on our own server, which is the problem.

We have met the enemy, and he is us — Pogo
by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Mon Mar 3rd, 2008 at 07:46:05 AM EST
Y'all did a great job on this project, but the associated comments show that the weakness arises in sustainability.

I repeat my proposal: I will subscribe $100 per month toward building an actual organization. Will anyone else do likewise?

If this were to happen on a sufficient scale, I still think that Migeru should be the first paid organizer/coordinator (initially, organizer; eventually, a coordinator). This is based on apparent interest, availability, expertise, and judgment.

My wife and I are eliminating broadcast television service this coming August. Why? Because everything that we need that might come from that source arrives in a better and more diverse and, yet, more focussed form via the internet. Might sound like we're 'behind the times', but the recognition of the relative roles of broadcast MSM vs. the internet is pertinent to this discussion. Let's be part of the process of overthrowing the MSM's influence.

paul spencer

by paul spencer (spencerinthegorge AT yahoo DOT com) on Mon Mar 3rd, 2008 at 04:30:34 PM EST
That's the first job offer I get in 6 months...

We have met the enemy, and he is us — Pogo
by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Thu Mar 6th, 2008 at 06:44:15 PM EST
BTW, did you get the Russian version?
by Sargon on Mon Mar 3rd, 2008 at 07:31:43 AM EST
Yes, thanks.

I had some trouble with the cyrillic character set, but I think we have it sorted out. It should be up shortly.

We have met the enemy, and he is us — Pogo

by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Mon Mar 3rd, 2008 at 07:38:09 AM EST
You should also have a Bulgarian version in your in-tray

keep to the Fen Causeway
by Helen (lareinagal at yahoo dot co dot uk) on Mon Mar 3rd, 2008 at 10:52:21 AM EST
I put up the link to it below the ET site logo in advance.

*Lunatic*, n.
One whose delusions are out of fashion.
by DoDo on Tue Mar 4th, 2008 at 06:00:31 PM EST
The Bulgarian version is incomplete. Working on the Russian version now.

We have met the enemy, and he is us — Pogo