I truthfully wonder how long people will find the landscapes in my country interesting.
by Nomad (Bjinse) on Tue Jun 10th, 2008 at 05:46:01 PM EST
I like these.  They remind me of various college living situations from my past.

It's none of my business, but how old are you?  I've found I cannot tolerate roommates anymore.  At one point in my life I was a strong proponent of communal living.  And those were good times.  But messy times.  Literally and figuratively.

I could do it if I were at the South Pole or something and had no choice, I suppose.

"Pretending that you already know the answer when you don't is not actually very helpful." ~Migeru.

by poemless on Tue Jun 10th, 2008 at 06:22:48 PM EST
I was completely ready for my own living space, and have become envious of my year-mates who've successfully made the jump. Actually, I was actively planning last year for my own apartment for this year. I've lived the communal life for over seven years now and at some point you just want to have the kitchen for your own, the only stack of plates in the sink your own mess, no more sudden, incongruently placed objects in the living room (like a motorbike) or finding a puppy locked up in the toilet (all happened this year).

Well, life happened. The prospect of sitting alone in an apartment no longer appealed. The prospect of being surrounded with friends with crazy lives was much better. So here I am again and I wouldn't have wanted to miss it. Off all those seven years communal style this definitely is ranking up as one of the best experiences. I'm the oldest of this pack of young dogs, but I've always felt (and nearly everyone thinks) that I'm three years younger than I truly am (it's more fun to make you guess, but I've been scattering hints over ET with my true age). Anyway, I'm blending right in. :)

And thanks for the comment!!

by Nomad (Bjinse) on Wed Jun 11th, 2008 at 07:15:41 AM EST
I immediately saw some similarities between Nina and my current roommate though they are clearly not alike in all respects.

If I were again single, I don't believe I could ever live communally. A small secluded house in the mountains would be more to my taste.

I can swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell. _ Blood Sweat & Tears

by Gringo (stargazing camel at aoldotcom) on Tue Jun 10th, 2008 at 10:51:25 PM EST
Huge fun - feel free to keep posting away.
by ThatBritGuy (thatbritguy (at) googlemail.com) on Wed Jun 11th, 2008 at 04:27:06 AM EST
I've been looking forward to catching up with this and I have not been disappointed!  You have a great way of writing and describing people.  I wish I'd had more of this bonding with people around me when I had been living at uni but I was hugely unsociable back then and worked too hard!
by In Wales (inwales aaat eurotrib.com) on Sat Jun 14th, 2008 at 04:08:10 AM EST