I wanted to post this before the weekend, but got delayed as I had to implement substantial edits to the Wikipedia articles I link to...

*Lunatic*, n.
One whose delusions are out of fashion.
by DoDo on Sat Jan 17th, 2009 at 03:07:55 PM EST
I'd have thought you got delayed by the sheer length of it! ;)

There are heaps of useful information there. Excellent!

by afew (afew(a in a circle)eurotrib_dot_com) on Sat Jan 17th, 2009 at 03:56:06 PM EST
Well, OK... it was a process with positive feedback: while I searched for citeable sources for Wikipedia, I found more stuff/got more ideas for te ET article... that said, I was surprised to see that the finished product is 3,500 words.

*Lunatic*, n.
One whose delusions are out of fashion.
by DoDo on Sat Jan 17th, 2009 at 04:20:23 PM EST
For novices, but with technology backgrounds, this is a fascinating and detailed diary of a very complex subject.  Stellar, DoDo.  Hope I make the time to give it more time.

"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Ana´s Nin
by Crazy Horse on Sat Jan 17th, 2009 at 04:39:45 PM EST
As a general question; how readable is this diary (and my more detailed train diaries in general)? I am trying to 'outsource' too much specifics and codenames into paragraphs and image captions, but am not sure how easily readers can get through it.

*Lunatic*, n.
One whose delusions are out of fashion.
by DoDo on Sun Jan 18th, 2009 at 08:04:41 AM EST
I read through this one in no time, but that's partially because it's on a topic I'm very interested in (industrial policy and globalisation). In general you are very readable, too, though.
by nanne (zwaerdenmaecker@gmail.com) on Sun Jan 18th, 2009 at 10:21:35 AM EST
into paragraphs and image captions

Erm, I meant: into parantheses and image captions...

*Lunatic*, n.
One whose delusions are out of fashion.

by DoDo on Sun Jan 18th, 2009 at 11:07:00 AM EST
I know next to nothing about trains, except that I do love them and am interested in modern developments, mostly for nostalgic reasons being an American, but I found the article very interesting and quite readable.

I can swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell. _ Blood Sweat & Tears
by Gringo (stargazing camel at aoldotcom) on Wed Jan 21st, 2009 at 12:16:09 AM EST
I luvs me sum train blogging. :)

Be nice to America. Or we'll bring democracy to your country.
by Drew J Jones (pedobear@pennstatefootball.com) on Sun Jan 18th, 2009 at 01:56:44 AM EST
I forgot to give three links:

*Lunatic*, n.
One whose delusions are out of fashion.
by DoDo on Sun Jan 18th, 2009 at 02:26:23 AM EST
Impressive..

really..

where do I learn about the spanish train industry?.. not in spanish newspapers...

In Dod's diary...

impressive.

A pleasure

I therefore claim to show, not how men think in myths, but how myths operate in men's minds without their being aware of the fact. Levi-Strauss, Claude

by kcurie on Sun Jan 18th, 2009 at 03:32:51 PM EST