See the "recent comments" tab at the top of the screen? Following along is easy.

Religion doesn't have an explanation for miracle healing. It calls them "miracle healings" and witters on about the grace of Apollo and the favour of the Three Hags.

I don't want to see God. You do.

by Colman (colman at eurotrib.com) on Wed Jun 3rd, 2009 at 10:34:41 AM EST
Okay then.
by Lily (put - lilyalmond - here <a> yahaah.france) on Wed Jun 3rd, 2009 at 10:57:49 AM EST
BTW: Do you hereby acknowledge God's existence?
In fact, you do. You hear that others 'see' God, respect what they see and you just don't want to see the same as well.
by Lily (put - lilyalmond - here <a> yahaah.france) on Wed Jun 3rd, 2009 at 11:00:54 AM EST
No, though if you were wilfully misinterpreting what I said you might manage to construct that from it.

Other people experience something they call "God". That only tells me about what they experience, not what is real or true: it's an interesting datum about how humans work, not how about how the universe works.

Or, to put it another way, my best guess is that "God" is a brain-fart.

by Colman (colman at eurotrib.com) on Wed Jun 3rd, 2009 at 11:06:06 AM EST
It's very possible in the next 50 years of Central Nervous System research, both physiological and systematic, that 'experiences' will be well understood.

I am already convinced that subjective transitions of emotions/moods/feelings (and why not beliefs?) are biochemical. Exactly how these biochemicals change or transition a 'mood state' depends on what is there already, both in terms of memory (patterns of past experience decentralized), genetics and any physical 'damage' that may have occurred.

Roxy Music sang that 'Love is the drug'. It's actually the other way round.

You can't be me, I'm taken

by Sven Triloqvist on Wed Jun 3rd, 2009 at 11:22:35 AM EST
Yup. Though I wouldn't hold my breath for the 50 years ... I rather suspect it'll take longer than that to work out the tools to think about it, never mind actually understanding it.
by Colman (colman at eurotrib.com) on Wed Jun 3rd, 2009 at 11:33:15 AM EST
But is 'sometime' scientific? ;-)

You can't be me, I'm taken