I have never seen Brown look as happy or relaxed as he is now.

I reckon he cut a deal with the Lib Dems very recently - before Monday - and if they jointly get a plurality of votes and seats he'll resign as party leader and hand over as PM to Clegg, with a guarantee for PR.

It's an offer Clegg can't refuse, and it's an offer his Labour troops can't refuse either.

If it happens, it'll happen quick, before the Tories can mobilise.

Time for a Change, indeed.

by ChrisCook (cojockathotmaildotcom) on Thu May 6th, 2010 at 10:24:02 PM EST
So Lib Dems get the least votes, and take home the PM position.  Oh the irony given the lines we were told but a week back.

And I'll give my consent to any government that does not deny a man a living wage-Billy Bragg
by ManfromMiddletown (manfrommiddletown at lycos dot com) on Thu May 6th, 2010 at 10:30:06 PM EST
That would be hilarious.

But I'm not convinced that NuLab could make it stick for long.

by ThatBritGuy (thatbritguy (at) googlemail.com) on Thu May 6th, 2010 at 10:37:12 PM EST
Of course if PR is forced through as the price of keeping Labor in government, a new election would only benefit the Lib Dems......

by ManfromMiddletown (manfrommiddletown at lycos dot com) on Thu May 6th, 2010 at 10:45:35 PM EST
I've seen it happen a few time sin other countries.
by Upstate NY on Thu May 6th, 2010 at 10:44:54 PM EST
That might be just funny enough to get me to buy Chris's theory.

Be nice to America. Or we'll bring democracy to your country.
by Drew J Jones (pedobear@pennstatefootball.com) on Thu May 6th, 2010 at 10:57:32 PM EST
That's certainly an offer Clegg can't turn down.

Is Brown that street-smart?

Would the various Labour Powers-That-Be go for it?

by ATinNM on Thu May 6th, 2010 at 10:37:22 PM EST

Leave UK <dot> DT

by Oui - Dec 4
57 comments

It's Tory Austerity Stupid!

by Oui - Dec 9