There is no "blacklisting" here.

But, to avoid deletion of diaries and comments when people leave in anger, site editors systematically remove those posters' editing permission. This is not an accusation against that person, it's a simple precaution. As you left at one time in somewhat emotional circumstances, the same precaution was no doubt taken. I'll check.

by afew (afew(a in a circle)eurotrib_dot_com) on Mon Jun 7th, 2010 at 04:21:09 PM EST
Yes. I've restored your editing permission now. Sorry that was forgotten after you came back.
by afew (afew(a in a circle)eurotrib_dot_com) on Mon Jun 7th, 2010 at 04:27:05 PM EST
I also have never seen an editing feature. I've wished it often for theose wonderful typios.

Never underestimate their intelligence, always underestimate their knowledge.

Frank Delaney ~ Ireland

by siegestate (siegestate or beyondwarispeace.com) on Mon Jun 7th, 2010 at 04:31:24 PM EST
Well, I assure you that you have editing permission.
by afew (afew(a in a circle)eurotrib_dot_com) on Mon Jun 7th, 2010 at 04:57:11 PM EST
Not for comments. I too would love to be able to correct typos or add the words and phrases I left out in my rush to post.

keep to the Fen Causeway
by Helen (lareinagal at yahoo dot co dot uk) on Mon Jun 7th, 2010 at 05:07:21 PM EST
Ah! That's it indeed. I can edit a diary, just not a comment. I thought we were talking about comments, and obviously I was mistaken. Sorry.

Never underestimate their intelligence, always underestimate their knowledge.

Frank Delaney ~ Ireland

by siegestate (siegestate or beyondwarispeace.com) on Mon Jun 7th, 2010 at 05:57:31 PM EST
Comments and polls cannot be edited and, I think, rightly.  Granted it's a pain when one wishes to correct the obvious typo -- in my case almost always 2 milliseconds after hitting the "Post" button.  ;-)  The alternative is having creating a ruckus a jerk could go back, change their jerkitude, and then "innocently" ask what all the fuss is about.

Wordpress, IIRC, has an comment Edit feature on a five minute timer, after that the comment is locked.

by ATinNM on Mon Jun 7th, 2010 at 06:15:35 PM EST
This is not an accusation against that person, it's a simple precaution.

Adopted after one case where a trusted user deleted maybe half a dozen diaries before they could be stopped.

By laying out pros and cons we risk inducing people to join the debate, and losing control of a process that only we fully understand. - Alan Greenspan

by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Mon Jun 7th, 2010 at 05:33:42 PM EST