The reason it's called Vision, I presume, is because it is akin to the artistic process, where only the medium involves facts - and those facts are generally subsumed into experience and intuition.

Inspirational communication (another word for Art perhaps) is very hard to factualize, and I would contend that the relentless pursuit of logic is responsible for the vast swathes of hypnagogic mass communication that have replaced the inspirational variety.

You can't be me, I'm taken

by Sven Triloqvist on Sat Apr 2nd, 2011 at 09:40:11 AM EST
The intelligence and facts are fixed around the policy.

Economics is politics by other means
by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Sun Apr 3rd, 2011 at 05:03:31 AM EST
That is true if the policy is existential.

You can't be me, I'm taken
by Sven Triloqvist on Sun Apr 3rd, 2011 at 07:02:24 AM EST
Facts are stubborn things.

Economics is politics by other means
by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Sun Apr 3rd, 2011 at 07:15:22 AM EST
Facts by themselves are rather useless: only when supporting an argument do they become useful. And most of the arguments made every day are essentially 'emotional'. Whether or not we accept an argument is often an intuitive estimation of whether or not acceptance will make us feel better.

You can't be me, I'm taken
by Sven Triloqvist on Sun Apr 3rd, 2011 at 09:20:46 AM EST

They are useful when undermining an argument, too.

Economics is politics by other means

by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Sun Apr 3rd, 2011 at 09:56:55 AM EST
hypnagogic mass communication that have replaced the inspirational variety

difference between communication and communion.

the latter does not countenance the Bright Shiny Lie! take that away and words are no longer needed, no words, no lies.

communication is the notes, communion is the music.

by melo (melometa4(at)gmail.com) on Sun Apr 3rd, 2011 at 08:45:57 AM EST

UK election thread

by fjallstrom - Dec 12
67 comments

It's Tory Austerity Stupid!

by Oui - Dec 9