produced in orange late last night and frontpaged to many whiney comments.

Any idiot can face a crisis - it's day to day living that wears you out.
by ceebs (ceebs (at) eurotrib (dot) com) on Mon Nov 19th, 2012 at 05:55:02 AM EST
I only skimmed it; seems like they didn't like the suggestion that DOJ stalled its investigations until the elections?

*Lunatic*, n.
One whose delusions are out of fashion.
by DoDo on Mon Nov 19th, 2012 at 09:27:33 AM EST
yep, and they also thought the original title over there was misleading (anything to get eyes looking at a diary) :)

Any idiot can face a crisis - it's day to day living that wears you out.
by ceebs (ceebs (at) eurotrib (dot) com) on Mon Nov 19th, 2012 at 11:17:14 AM EST
Sigh, Armando is still around? Years ago, that obnoxious guy was one of the reasons I didn't stick around at dKos.

*Lunatic*, n.
One whose delusions are out of fashion.
by DoDo on Mon Nov 19th, 2012 at 11:49:42 AM EST
Up to his usual obnoxious rep there. What purpose does all that serve?
by afew (afew(a in a circle)eurotrib_dot_com) on Mon Nov 19th, 2012 at 12:13:49 PM EST
well someone has to make sure all the punctuation is stored in the correct pots

Any idiot can face a crisis - it's day to day living that wears you out.
by ceebs (ceebs (at) eurotrib (dot) com) on Mon Nov 19th, 2012 at 12:29:18 PM EST
What was the original title? Not that it matters much: I saw that in the end Armando attacked the substance of the diary, too.

*Lunatic*, n.
One whose delusions are out of fashion.
by DoDo on Mon Nov 19th, 2012 at 12:35:19 PM EST
was originally Murdochgate: US Grand Jury Set to Pinch Rupert for Bribery?, but that turned into arrested as I didn't think piched was right for US, then laughingly put breaking: in at the beginning. unfortunately that was the point the peoples house I was visiting had their network fail, and it's a case of rebooting the link, then rebooting the pc to get the software working from the caravan where they live.

By the time I got back online Armageddon was in progress with people being in full on arsehole mode.

Any idiot can face a crisis - it's day to day living that wears you out.

by ceebs (ceebs (at) eurotrib (dot) com) on Mon Nov 19th, 2012 at 01:40:51 PM EST
Learned the very hard way that it's not a good idea to post anything controversial -- or poorly phrased -- right before leaving for a few hours.  At least you didn't get banned as I was after being there for almost ten years.  Only lost my TU status a couple of times.  First way back in late 2003 when Armando's gang of Clarkies were the site bullies.  Then briefly in 2004 when I had a dust-up with MSOC.  The ring-leaders in getting me banned have since been banned, but to the dKos powers that be that is as irrelevant to my status as being one of the earliest reader/commentators.
by Marie2 on Mon Nov 19th, 2012 at 08:24:36 PM EST
Jinkies, Scooby!
Sounds worse than (allegedly) wikipedia [citation needed].

-----
sapere aude
by Number 6 on Tue Nov 20th, 2012 at 04:19:03 AM EST
Jeebus, just read some of the comments. What a tempest in a teapot.

'tis strange I should be old and neither wise nor valiant. From "The Maid's Tragedy" by Beaumont & Fletcher
by Wife of Bath (kareninaustin at g mail dot com) on Mon Nov 19th, 2012 at 12:56:43 PM EST
I think there may be a better synonym for Armando than 'teapot.'

Can't quite think of it right now though.

by ThatBritGuy (thatbritguy (at) googlemail.com) on Mon Nov 19th, 2012 at 01:37:57 PM EST
well I might toss one out...

Any idiot can face a crisis - it's day to day living that wears you out.
by ceebs (ceebs (at) eurotrib (dot) com) on Mon Nov 19th, 2012 at 01:41:19 PM EST
Crapsack?
by rifek on Fri Nov 23rd, 2012 at 12:33:50 PM EST
Crackpot?

I distribute. You re-distribute. He gives your hard-earned money to lazy scroungers. -- JakeS
by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Sat Nov 24th, 2012 at 02:54:35 AM EST
... in Australian English, is "bloody wanker".

I've been accused of being a Marxist, yet while Harpo's my favourite, it's Groucho I'm always quoting. Odd, that.
by BruceMcF (agila61 at netscape dot net) on Sat Nov 24th, 2012 at 12:10:40 AM EST
I think there may be a better synonym for Armando than 'teapot.'
ROTFLMAO over the image of Armando singing I'm a little teapot.

by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Sat Nov 24th, 2012 at 02:58:01 AM EST
There are several people over there who made me conclude some time ago that dKos is not worth my time, particularly a set of Russophones who firmly believe no one gets to comment on anything east of Poland without their permission.  The worst offenders are exactly what you would expect: programmers who are overgrown 13-year-olds with a penchant for clinging to the most Randian elements of the Gospels of St. Heinlein and St. Pournelle.
by rifek on Fri Nov 23rd, 2012 at 12:30:54 PM EST
Thanks.

(Couldn't finish the orange comments section. "People's Front or Popular Front?")

-----
sapere aude

by Number 6 on Mon Nov 19th, 2012 at 09:51:21 AM EST
Aha! I successfully finished it! Last comment!

I did, however, skip some hundred comments are so in the middle.

by BruceMcF (agila61 at netscape dot net) on Tue Nov 20th, 2012 at 01:45:35 PM EST
Have the whiney comments been hidden?

by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Sat Nov 24th, 2012 at 03:01:33 AM EST