PEOPLE AND KLATSCH

*Lunatic*, n.
One whose delusions are out of fashion.
by DoDo on Fri Nov 23rd, 2012 at 03:35:01 PM EST
Anelka, Ribéry and Henry 'a bunch of imbeciles' - FRENCH FOOTBALL - FRANCE 24

Former France coach Raymond Domenech has launched a scathing tirade on several members of his 2010 World Cup squad in a new book, recounting that he was so exasperated by their behavior that he exploded with rage and called them "a bunch of imbeciles."

In his book Domenech branded Franck Ribery a "diva", Samir Nasri a "symbol of selfishness" and said Nicolas Anelka "killed the group".

The team shocked the nation by going on strike at a training session after striker Nicolas Anelka had been sent home for insulting Domenech during the halftime break of France's second group game at the tournament in South Africa, against Mexico.

*Lunatic*, n.
One whose delusions are out of fashion.
by DoDo on Fri Nov 23rd, 2012 at 03:35:09 PM EST
Judging by what I saw on the pitch and what was being reported at the time, I imagine Domenech would know about imbeciles, they say a dog smells its own smell first.

keep to the Fen Causeway
by Helen (lareinagal at yahoo dot co dot uk) on Sat Nov 24th, 2012 at 11:04:18 AM EST
He had an extraordinary talent for bringing out the worst in all of them.

It is rightly acknowledged that people of faith have no monopoly of virtue - Queen Elizabeth II
by eurogreen on Sat Nov 24th, 2012 at 12:19:59 PM EST
The most bizarre part is when he apparently quotes his diary:

"I have no energy left. I don't like them anymore. I've had enough of their tantrums," Domenech wrote before the 2-0 loss to Mexico. "This team is completely incapable of transcending itself and I'm certainly to blame for something. I got it all wrong. I feel humiliated to have got it so wrong."

But he failed to do any self-reflection ever since, not identifying what he got all wrong, instead still whining about those awful players and going paranoid about them. Seriously, the following appears to be his gripe with Ribéry:

"Ribery doesn't like Gourcuff, that's for sure. Before the Uruguay match, I told Gourcuff: `You have the keys to the match, it's down to you,"" Domenech says. "The worst thing was Franck Ribery's look. Maybe I'm exaggerating, but in his eyes I saw hatred, contempt or jealousy."

*Lunatic*, n.
One whose delusions are out of fashion.
by DoDo on Sat Nov 24th, 2012 at 01:34:44 PM EST
Fox TV presenter Andrea Tantaros says food stamps are 'fabulous' diet - TV & Radio - Media - The Independent
Asked during The Five show if she could survive on food stamps - which provide an average food subsidy of $133 (£83) a month for hard-up families - Andrea Tantaros said: "I should try it because do you know how fabulous I'd look? I'd be so skinny. I mean, the camera adds 10 pounds, it really does."

*Lunatic*, n.
One whose delusions are out of fashion.
by DoDo on Fri Nov 23rd, 2012 at 03:35:17 PM EST
I'm sure i heard her say this

Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that, but not with all those flies and death and stuff."

keep to the Fen Causeway
by Helen (lareinagal at yahoo dot co dot uk) on Sat Nov 24th, 2012 at 11:08:40 AM EST
Lawsuit against Madonna dismissed in Russia - The Journal

A RUSSIAN COURT today dismissed a lawsuit that sought millions of dollars in damages from Madonna for allegedly traumatising minors by speaking up for gay rights during a concert in St. Petersburg.

The ruling came after a one-day hearing that bordered on the farcical. During it, plaintiffs claimed that Madonna's so-called "propaganda of perversion" would negatively affect Russia's birthrate and erode the nation's defense capability by depriving the country of future soldiers. At one point, the judge threatened to expel journalists from the courtroom if they laughed too much.

Would traumatize minors?
Would negatively affect Russia's birthrate??
Would erode the nation's defense capability by depriving the country of future soldiers???
Surely they jest.

by sgr2 on Fri Nov 23rd, 2012 at 05:08:22 PM EST
This would loose so much in translation (if done by me) but it is about the dubious benefits of being born to kill.

Stig Dagerman: Dagsedel 530303

Inte gråta är du rar
över brist på mor och far.
Sånt går bort med åren.
Tänk på Sveriges lantförsvar.
Tänk på Lottakåren.

Trumman dundrar i en dal.
Ännu är du ganska smal.
Botas med potatis.
Blir du stor blir du korpral
och blir skjuten gratis.

Ute faller bomb och snö.
Sov min gosse och adjö.
Tids nog får du blöda.
Alla födas för att dö.
Många för att döda.

(3 mars 1953

The suthors comment is translatable and shows how little changes in sixty years.

Stig Dagerman: Dagsedel 530303 Stig Dagerman: Dagsedel 530303
Inspirerad av professor Ask-Upmarks inlägg i abortfrågan, i vilket den vise mannen lät oss veta hur många regementen landet förlorat på grund av aborter.Inspired by Professor Ash-Upmarks remarks in the abortion debate, in which the wise man let us know how many regiments the country has lost because of abortions.

by A swedish kind of death on Sat Nov 24th, 2012 at 05:24:21 AM EST
Anthropomorphise this!

"Scary dog noses look like angry aliens"

I distribute. You re-distribute. He gives your hard-earned money to lazy scroungers. -- JakeS

by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Sat Nov 24th, 2012 at 04:46:03 AM EST
PSY's 'Gangnam Style' Passes Justin Bieber's 'Baby' For YouTube Crown | Billboard
PSY's "Gangnam Style" is now the most-watched YouTube video of all time.

The 4:13 clip from the South Korean rapper has earned approximately 803,761,000 views since it was posted on July 15, 2012. Early on Saturday, that total passed the longtime YouTube champ -- the music video for Justin Bieber's "Baby," which has garnered 803,732,000 views since its February 2010 release.

"Gangnam Style" already set YouTube's record for the Most Liked video ever posted to the site, with its total now standing at 5.3 million Likes and 323,000 Dislikes. Bieber's "Baby" clip has 1.4 million Likes and 3.1 million Dislikes.

*Lunatic*, n.
One whose delusions are out of fashion.
by DoDo on Sat Nov 24th, 2012 at 10:57:27 AM EST