The answers to your questions are in the news articles and court documents linked to each exhibit. These are written in English. I had supposed readers interested in issues of law and its applications to socially acceptable and socially unacceptable behavior, especially punishment, would read this material.

Diversity is the key to economic and political evolution.
by Cat on Thu Aug 24th, 2017 at 01:19:00 PM EST
People usually have to recognize the relevance of something to an subject in which they are interested before devoting the effort necessary to pour thought technical or legal writing. Had some version of your answer above been in the body of the post that might have happened. As Missouri is next door, as I have long been following the standing outrage of wrongful convictions and death sentences for people of color and as the event described is topical I read the body anyway but wondered about the subsequent comments, which I mostly skimmed. It all made much more sense after your answer to Frank's question.

"It is not necessary to have hope in order to persevere."
by ARGeezer (ARGeezer a in a circle eurotrib daught com) on Thu Aug 24th, 2017 at 01:54:08 PM EST
m'k. India is not next door to either Missouri or Arkansas. Is this example of jurisprudence and the attempts of < reckless eyeballin'> those people to perfect a code of socially acceptable and socially unacceptable behavior irrelevant to those other people's um principles of justice?

Diversity is the key to economic and political evolution.
by Cat on Thu Aug 24th, 2017 at 04:16:01 PM EST
by Frank Schnittger (mail Frankschnittger at hot male dotty communists) on Thu Aug 24th, 2017 at 04:35:45 PM EST
First comment in this thread, Frank, subject "Exhibit 2" linking to the news file and the opinion of the Supreme Court of India.

Diversity is the key to economic and political evolution.
by Cat on Thu Aug 24th, 2017 at 05:37:13 PM EST
So now your saying I have to read your diary, all linked documents, all comments, and their linked documents before I can make sense of a comment?  There is no reference to India in the comment itself - only if you open the link. I'm sorry, life is too short. If you have something to say, something on which your argument relies, saying it directly in your text. Links are for supporting evidence and should be optional from a reader's point of view. Otherwise, I'm outta here! :-)

Index of Frank's Diaries
by Frank Schnittger (mail Frankschnittger at hot male dotty communists) on Thu Aug 24th, 2017 at 05:49:54 PM EST
Certainly not. And I see your reasoning behind it - now.

"It is not necessary to have hope in order to persevere."
by ARGeezer (ARGeezer a in a circle eurotrib daught com) on Fri Aug 25th, 2017 at 02:06:21 AM EST
We all have different approaches to blogging and YMMV, but my approach is to make an argument which I hope is of directly relevance to ET readers and support it with links which might be of further interest to a few ET readers with a specialist interest in a particular topic. However I try to ensure a post stands on its own merits for readers with just a few minutes to devote to a particular topic. So I often summarize a plethora of articles on a particular topic or make an argument based on them which I have not seen elsewhere in the MSM.

My editorial difficulty with your post is that it assumes a great deal of background knowledge to the particular case you are highlighting and assumes people will read a great deal of linked material in order to get a sense of what you are going on about. Although you state "It was my intention to illustrate briefly a "principle" or axiom of human activity, issues of law and its applications to socially acceptable and socially unacceptable behavior" I'm not sure the average reader will be much the wiser as to what argument you are trying to make.

It is an issue of connecting with your readership - such as it is - and providing a narrative that will entice a time poor reader to follow you down a certain track. I found myself struggling to make sense of what you are trying to say and wondering why I am even reading it given that I am not a lawyer with a specific interest in the development of US criminal law. Given time constraints, we all have to be extremely selective in what we read. Why is it that ET readers need to know what is going on in this particular case? It doesn't jump out at me. Perhaps an opening paragraph setting out what is at stake for all of us would set things to right...

Index of Frank's Diaries

by Frank Schnittger (mail Frankschnittger at hot male dotty communists) on Thu Aug 24th, 2017 at 03:25:44 PM EST
My speech, generally, is aporetic. My opinions about certain, specific current events are not, because they are mine until I care to share them.

I don't assume. To the contrary, after twenty-five years navigating the innerboobs, I have seen things, as Roy says, that defy all claims to the universal, the singularity, the "hive" mind of humanity and the One Economy. I ought not expect readers to read the links; I ought expect readers to criticize and excerpt, because its the wrong excerpt, no telling why, except it's TOO LONG.

Yet that doesn't stop me trying to pull the jailhouse lawyers together. For real.

Diversity is the key to economic and political evolution.

by Cat on Thu Aug 24th, 2017 at 04:09:16 PM EST
None of us have any entitlement to be read, much less promoted, recommended, commented or acted upon. But for me communication, learning and collaboration is what it's all about. Spouting opinions for it's own sake is little more than a venting of ego. As an editor, I see myself as haveing a responsibility to try and make this blog more accessible, enjoyable, educative, and widely read.  As you can see, I am doing a terrible job. It doesn't stop me from trying...

Index of Frank's Diaries
by Frank Schnittger (mail Frankschnittger at hot male dotty communists) on Thu Aug 24th, 2017 at 04:33:18 PM EST
< wipes tears >

Now there's an interesting idea in search of a public forum against censorship perhaps.

Diversity is the key to economic and political evolution.

by Cat on Thu Aug 24th, 2017 at 05:41:10 PM EST
being utterly bored with the constant misdirection of conversation is not the same thing as censoring it. Ciao

Index of Frank's Diaries
by Frank Schnittger (mail Frankschnittger at hot male dotty communists) on Thu Aug 24th, 2017 at 06:37:37 PM EST
Gov. Greitens: Pull Down Missouri's Racist Death Penalty Statutes!

Diversity is the key to economic and political evolution.
by Cat on Fri Aug 25th, 2017 at 02:46:39 PM EST