So I guess you can't advertise Lego in England any more, now that the sets themselves are sexist.
Ms. Magazine helpfully illustrates that sexism is hardly isolated to the boy side of the Lego aisle. Lego figures meant for girls now have slimmer waists and actual busts. The strict, bold, primary palette of the Lego bricks I remember from childhood has been replaced by the pinks and blushes that characterize the girl aisle of the toy store.
by gk (gk (gk quattro due due sette @gmail.com)) on Thu Dec 20th, 2018 at 10:26:33 AM EST
It's a (shitty) marketing reaction to the gendering of Lego as a boy's toy by society at large.

We'll have our local MRA around in a second to explain why girls don't like construction toys due to evolutionary pressures in a moment.

by Colman (colman at eurotrib.com) on Thu Dec 20th, 2018 at 10:44:22 AM EST

by das monde on Thu Dec 20th, 2018 at 11:32:34 AM EST

one of my favorite example of

RACIST!!&SEXIST!!

toys manufactured in the last two decades.

##Another case of misplaced precision

Diversity is the key to economic and political evolution.

by Cat on Fri Dec 21st, 2018 at 03:08:49 PM EST
Reminds me of this from four years ago:

Archived

by Bernard on Thu Dec 20th, 2018 at 08:21:22 PM EST
LEGOs weren't even 'boys' toys' when I was a child. I played with them, colored and unfinished wood blocks, and Linkin' Logs along with dolls and other figurines.

Why? you might ask. I'll tell you. LEGO shapes were punched in primary colors (and still are) as were many manipulatives for early childhood development. And, yes, I did not buy my toys. Santa delivered them.

So what's 'different' 50 years later about LEGO, CREATIVE PLAY THINGS, or PLAY MOBILE product lines?

Consumer demand for 'gendered' product lines. You (pl.) demand context-specific manipulatives, Evil Corp delivers. Children demand 'gendered' products 'as seen on TV!', Santa delivers.

The irony at this point is, the world is living through neurotic projections of an aimless political class of persons, who alternately express contempt for and pride in 'femininity' or 'masculinity'.

imbeciles

Diversity is the key to economic and political evolution.

by Cat on Thu Dec 20th, 2018 at 09:43:07 PM EST
< wipes tears >

FIFTH WAVE is intellectually bankrupt but flush with cash as are, of course, all parents and all children across the world who struggle, inexplicably, against involuntary, color-coded 'gender' assignment foisted on them by Evil Corp in the aisles and in the trash heaps of 'first world' dysphoria.

GFAFB

Diversity is the key to economic and political evolution.

by Cat on Thu Dec 20th, 2018 at 09:22:59 PM EST