Monday Train Blogging: Nice Station

by DoDo Thu Feb 23rd, 2006 at 07:37:13 AM EST

Another ad-hoc diary (Lupin remembers Verdun instead of me) – supplementing the one on Railway Cathedrals. Here is my favourite photo of the tree-lined main station of Nice/France (Gare Nice Ville):

Photo by railway station documentarist Darko Pahič Szabó from RailFanEurope

Previous Monday Train Bloggings:

1. (Premiere/ modern Austrian trains & locos)
  2. Adventure
  16. Trains In The Arts
  17. Railway Cathedrals
  18. Design Dictators
  19. Slippery Slope
  20. Alta Velocità
  21. Winter In Bulgaria

I love this stuff...these are the sights you see when you travel by train around Europe...and it is so great to see esthetically pleasing stations!

by whataboutbob on Mon Feb 20th, 2006 at 05:49:18 PM EST
I miss Nice.. My favorite train trip there was from Basel through the Gotthard tunnel and via Milano to Nice. Wonderful views.

You have a normal feeling for a moment, then it passes. --More--
by tzt (tzt) on Mon Feb 20th, 2006 at 06:51:47 PM EST
via Milano to Nice

Via Turin and the Tenda line, or via Genova and then all along the Riviera? (Either way, triple pleasure...)

*Lunatic*, n.
One whose delusions are out of fashion.

by DoDo on Mon Feb 20th, 2006 at 07:02:56 PM EST
Via Genova and then along the Riviera.

You have a normal feeling for a moment, then it passes. --More--
by tzt (tzt) on Tue Feb 21st, 2006 at 08:12:45 AM EST
Here's a pretty typical American train station, sad to say...

by asdf on Mon Feb 20th, 2006 at 10:56:11 PM EST
Well, at least it is not full of graffiti and weed!

*Lunatic*, n.
One whose delusions are out of fashion.
by DoDo on Tue Feb 21st, 2006 at 03:47:01 AM EST
And at least you still have trains in that place...

In the long run, we're all dead. John Maynard Keynes
by Jerome a Paris (etg@eurotrib.com) on Tue Feb 21st, 2006 at 05:39:41 PM EST
asdf, were you on this run? (If yes, any photos you could post in a diary?)

*Lunatic*, n.
One whose delusions are out of fashion.
by DoDo on Tue Feb 21st, 2006 at 05:49:58 PM EST
No, I wasn't, although I was aware of it. There are several old trains running in the New Mexico - Colorado area; perhaps I'll make an expedition down there this summer and cover them all...
by asdf on Tue Feb 21st, 2006 at 08:08:21 PM EST
Dang, sorry. I wanted to put this belatedly below the Breakfast Thread - I thought I deleted the mark in the "Set timestamp to now" box...

*Lunatic*, n.
One whose delusions are out of fashion.
by DoDo on Tue Feb 21st, 2006 at 07:41:41 AM EST
...I initially thought this was about a "nice" train station. Looking forward to the next one.

I will become a patissier, God willing.
by tuasfait on Wed Feb 22nd, 2006 at 08:15:34 AM EST
It is - I like double meanings :-)

*Lunatic*, n.
One whose delusions are out of fashion.
by DoDo on Wed Feb 22nd, 2006 at 08:29:56 AM EST
This picture is just awesome.
I've been at that station plenty of times and never saw it that beautiful.
Art transcends reality.

When through hell, just keep going. W. Churchill
by Agnes a Paris on Tue Feb 21st, 2006 at 08:17:03 AM EST
I thought of just giving my opinion on the diary by giving Agnesa a 4 as I totally agree with her. However, I think that picture is good enough to deserve a second praising. Truly a masterpiece of photography. Good job finding it and thanks for sharing it with us!
by Navaros (pshipkov@@gmail.com) on Tue Feb 21st, 2006 at 10:56:51 AM EST