Fallen Madonna with the Big Boobies

by Norwegian Chef Fri Mar 31st, 2006 at 02:08:44 AM EST

Listen very carefully, I shall say this only once.

The famous painting of the German artist Van Clomp, the Fallen Madonna with the Big Boobies, has been rediscovered in a forest outside of Nouvion, France buried in a large, hollowed out knockwurst.

The painting, shown below, was stolen by the Gestapo from the Albert Cathedral at the outbreak of World War 2. In a series of dangerous and highly dramatic episodes, it changed hands between the Nazis and the French Resistance several times before disappearing at the end of the war.

The dynamic story of this important painting provides the historical context for the highly acclaimed and suspenseful Word War 2 political drama, 'Allo, 'Allo. The painting will now hang in Longleat Manor in Aldbourne near Stonehenge, Wessex, UK where it can be viewed by the public.

The complete story of the painting can be found here in the prominent artistic journal, the Sun and here in Wikipedia.

Continuing  in this cultural vein, you can get a new George Bush screensaver here.  This will provide you and your family with hours of fun.

Ok, so I thought we could all use a bit of humour to start the weekend.

And this was very well thought indeed!

When through hell, just keep going. W. Churchill
by Agnes a Paris on Fri Mar 31st, 2006 at 03:45:45 AM EST
I never understood 'Allo 'Allo. So it took me frickin' 10 minutes of my non-existent coffeebreak (I spend all the time on writing a reply to DeAnander) to grasp about what you were talking about!! It took me another 30 seconds to realise that the painting is worthless and that those white "protectionist" gloves are just part of the nearly April First joke...

Good grief. Thanks for that...

by Nomad on Fri Mar 31st, 2006 at 04:12:37 AM EST
I forgot you guys are a bit behind. ;-)

I also forgot that by understanding 'Allo 'Allo, I also unfortunately show my age as well ;-)

I like the silence of a church, before the service begins better than any preaching. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

by Norwegian Chef (hephaestion@surfbirder.com) on Fri Mar 31st, 2006 at 04:27:28 AM EST
Let's see if I can come up with something older:
"... prefers kipping on it's back ..."
"... just like that, hehehe! ..."
"... to the moon, Alice!"
"That's what I'm asking! Who's on first?"
"Say goodnight, Grace."

(Fairly anglocentric probably.)

by Number 6 on Fri Mar 31st, 2006 at 09:11:38 AM EST
The Honeymooners, Now there was a show!!!  They do not make them like they used to.

by Norwegian Chef (hephaestion@surfbirder.com) on Fri Mar 31st, 2006 at 05:20:36 PM EST
Well, they're constantly remaking it ...

(Flintstones, Simpsons, ...)

by Number 6 on Mon Apr 3rd, 2006 at 06:08:34 AM EST
Love the 'Allo 'Allo reference.

Be nice to America. Or we'll bring democracy to your country.
by Drew J Jones (pedobear@pennstatefootball.com) on Fri Mar 31st, 2006 at 11:22:43 AM EST