simple life in Languedoc

by Lupin Tue Jan 23rd, 2007 at 05:45:32 AM EST

Here are some photos of sunrise in our little village in Languedoc.

Also photos of Shmoo, the dog, the latest addition to the Lupins' household.  We found him abandoned, freezing, starving and injured before XMas and we took him in.

We had the pleasant surprise of a contact, then visit, by Kossack activist Devtob  (who helped elect one of ours in NY-20) who enjoyed a home-cooked mean of potatoes roasted in duck fat with chives and garlic and a simple herb omelette.

Eh Lupin...I remember you from DKos before you went to France. Looks like you found peace in your heart?
I am envious ...I wish I can pick up my thingies and run...I wouldn't know where all though I have 3 passports...but definitely somewhere far away from civilization where life is simple. Have a good time and simple life, my friend!
Nice photos!

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind...Albert Einstein
by vbo on Tue Jan 23rd, 2007 at 08:18:27 AM EST
I have been around since, on Kos, on Gilliard's NewsBlog and occasionally here as well.

Things have worked out remarkably well for us and we're not sorry in the least we made the move.

Thanks for the kind wishes!

by Lupin on Tue Jan 23rd, 2007 at 09:37:03 AM EST
Your blog doesn't really give too much info about how Schmoo got under your skin. One day you take pity on hi cos he's got a limp, three weeks later he's yours without any sort of feeling of how his cuteness won you over.

He's a lovely looking dog but it did seem strange.

Hoping to come over in late feb now as I have to in the UK in the last week of march. So possibly see you in early march.

keep to the Fen Causeway

by Helen (lareinagal at yahoo dot co dot uk) on Tue Jan 23rd, 2007 at 11:08:10 AM EST
Mrs Lupin has written a new entry going into more details about the Shmoo worming his way into our hearts--and refrigerator.
by Lupin on Wed Jan 24th, 2007 at 05:07:45 AM EST
American frenc traitor?????? :)

By the way.. you were close to catalonia....

And I guess you learned a lot about cathars in your expedition... I still ahve to do it.. but it is so easy that I never do it.... but eventually...

A pleasure

I therefore claim to show, not how men think in myths, but how myths operate in men's minds without their being aware of the fact. Levi-Strauss, Claude

by kcurie on Tue Jan 23rd, 2007 at 02:33:53 PM EST
In fact we convinced our town to sponsor a story competition on the theme of the Cathars and put together a collection of the best stories. It's well worth a read if you read French.

This year we're doing a competition on the theme of the Carnival.

by Lupin on Wed Jan 24th, 2007 at 05:10:47 AM EST
great photos! my wife and I have been talking a lot about moving to that region. If only we could afford it! (and speak French, and find jobs, and a bunch of other stuff too).
by Jett on Tue Jan 23rd, 2007 at 03:23:32 PM EST
Being both dual citizens was a massive help.
by Lupin on Wed Jan 24th, 2007 at 05:11:10 AM EST