by Sven Triloqvist
Thu Jan 4th, 2007 at 05:33:21 PM EST
A short discussion in the Open Thread suggested that Bob's 'The Euro and the Dollar' diary and comments shows ET at its best and worthy of further distribution.
Specialized business papers and magazines may be interested not only in the argument, but also in the phenomenon of community blogging and what it can achieve.
I have proposed that we do the following:
- A Summary of the debate is written. (Redstar, I think volunteered)
- The entire diary should be presented - perhaps with some minor edits and possible deletions, in order to show how a collaborative civil debate flows. (Afew has the texts downloaded)
- We all contribute to a short informative piece about ET. how it started, how it runs, what is it for, why is that good for society etc. (I am ready to whip those talking points into a short journalistic piece which could be used as background with anything we distribute.)
So what is needed from you:
- some ideas on how to edit the original diary for presentation. I think the names and times are significant, and the threads should be presented in time order.
- Some ideas and facts about ET. Obviously a Jerome CV - but how about a smattering of info about the sort of (very different) people we are?
- More ideas on how to distribute. I have a B2B publisher in Finland that might be interested. Do you have a similar publisher in your area?