EuroTrib/Kossack Spring Meet in Carcassonne 3/24

by Lupin Fri Feb 16th, 2007 at 03:51:37 AM EST

Come and celebrate Spring with the Lupins in Languedoc style in Carcassonne on Saturday, March 24.

The Place: Brasserie de l'Hotel Terminus, 2 Avenue du Marechal Joffre, right in the center of Carcassonne. Link to the hotel site with photo.

The Brasserie offers both à la carte and menus, reasonably to median-priced (salads: 8 euros; entrecote: 14 euros).

Directions: If you come by train: exit the station, cross the canal, it's right there, 500 meters on your left. There are regional trains from Toulouse that arrive at Carcassonne at 11:31 and 12:50 and from Narbonne at 12:43.

If you come by car: The underground parking André Chénier is right across from the Terminus, under the square.

If you come by plane: RyanAir has flights from Dublin, Shannon, London Stansted, East Midland and Brussels/Charleroi to Carcassonne; the flights arrive during the afternoon (too late for lunch the same day however); there is a shuttle from Salvaza airport to the train station.

The Time: Saturday, March 24. There will be two of us and we'll be there at 12:30 p.m. We'll have a stuffed dragon on the table as rallying point.

Do let me know if you plan to attend as I'll have to make a reservation a couple of days before, but you can still squeeze in if it's a last minute thing.

Hmm. Is it posisble to resist the call of a stuffed dragon?
by Colman (colman at eurotrib.com) on Fri Feb 16th, 2007 at 05:14:28 AM EST
You better be nice to our stuffed dragon. I'm just saying. :-)

Carcassonne isn't quite as easy access as Toulouse, but it's stunning. If the weather is nice we can walk (or drive) to the Medieval Cité.

Afew, Alex, local guys, we hope we can count on you?

by Lupin on Fri Feb 16th, 2007 at 05:40:32 AM EST
I'll do my best to be there -- will confirm asap. I'll e-mail Alex, he doesn't have much time to be around ET at the moment.
by afew (afew(a in a circle)eurotrib_dot_com) on Fri Feb 16th, 2007 at 08:30:44 AM EST
by Lupin on Fri Feb 16th, 2007 at 05:41:16 AM EST
Hey, Lupin, are you coming to the Barcelona meetup?

"It's the statue, man, The Statue."
by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Fri Feb 16th, 2007 at 05:51:34 AM EST
What's the story on that?
by Colman (colman at eurotrib.com) on Fri Feb 16th, 2007 at 05:53:41 AM EST
I don't know, everyone was excited but noncommittal. So, Barbara and I are meeting kcurie and Amanda for the weekend. Is anyone else coming? I have no clue.

"It's the statue, man, The Statue."
by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Fri Feb 16th, 2007 at 06:02:36 AM EST
Phew!!!  I was out to lunch when that was posted and this is the first I hear of it: YES!  I will be in Barcelona even if I have to stuff sundaylegato in a backpack.  I will love to meet all of you!

Carcassonne will take further planning, but who knows?

Our knowledge has surpassed our wisdom. -Charu Saxena.

by metavision on Sat Feb 17th, 2007 at 09:05:19 AM EST
Barcelona for us means overnight stay.

With two dogs, etc., I'm afraid the logistics are too complicated.

Sorry. I wish.

by Lupin on Fri Feb 16th, 2007 at 06:16:52 AM EST
As mentioned in the diary, we [Barbara, child and I] might go to Paris by rail after that, stopping in Toulouse/Carcassonne on the 10th of April or thereabouts. I was hoping to be able to meet you , Alex and Afew there.

"It's the statue, man, The Statue."
by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Fri Feb 16th, 2007 at 06:49:08 AM EST
We'd be delighted to meet anyone in Carcassonne for lunch any time, barring a last minute emergency.

There is also a wonderful Vietnamese restaurant within walkingh distance from the Station called HANOI.

by Lupin on Fri Feb 16th, 2007 at 08:09:11 AM EST
I want to, but I'm supposed to be seeing friends from LA that week. If it's not till monday, I'll try and come over.

I hoped I'd be in france at that time anyway, but my plans have "evolved" and now I'll be in France from April. So Barcelona might be possible

keep to the Fen Causeway

by Helen (lareinagal at yahoo dot co dot uk) on Fri Feb 16th, 2007 at 07:13:23 AM EST
Which recipe will be used for the stuffed dragon?

"Dieu se rit des hommes qui se plaignent des conséquences alors qu'ils en chérissent les causes" Jacques-Bénigne Bossuet
by Melanchthon on Fri Feb 16th, 2007 at 09:21:54 AM EST
Crispy dragon, Cathar style: Broulez-les tout, Dieu reconaîtra le sien.

"It's the statue, man, The Statue."
by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Fri Feb 16th, 2007 at 09:35:36 AM EST
I mean Brûlez, of course.

"It's the statue, man, The Statue."
by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Fri Feb 16th, 2007 at 09:36:30 AM EST
We provide the dragon, you, er, provide the stuffing.

It's a local recipe. :-)

by Lupin on Fri Feb 16th, 2007 at 09:42:28 AM EST
The market will provide the dragon and the stuffing.

"It's the statue, man, The Statue."
by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Fri Feb 16th, 2007 at 09:48:28 AM EST
We can play "Stuff the magic dragon"

by Melanchthon on Fri Feb 16th, 2007 at 06:27:43 PM EST
I'll see what I can do, family permitting.

In the long run, we're all dead. John Maynard Keynes
by Jerome a Paris (etg@eurotrib.com) on Fri Feb 16th, 2007 at 11:22:28 AM EST
That would be delightful, but I'd like to turn this into a quarterly/seasonal thing, next one in June (Summer) then September (Fall) then December (Winter), so if for any reasons you can't make it this time there'll be other opportunities.
by Lupin on Sat Feb 17th, 2007 at 02:22:00 AM EST
see what I can do, don't live very far away
by oldfrog on Fri Feb 16th, 2007 at 05:16:43 PM EST
I might attend, if not travelling.

by Melanchthon on Fri Feb 16th, 2007 at 07:20:46 PM EST
I hope you will!
by Lupin on Sat Feb 17th, 2007 at 02:22:28 AM EST
Do yourself a favour and soak up the atmosphere at Joe Bousquet's digs downtown.
by de Gondi (publiobestia aaaatttthotmaildaughtusual) on Sat Feb 17th, 2007 at 05:44:05 PM EST
because maybe maybe I can go over there!!!!

It is not sure.. but it could be!!!

and what about the easter meeting in barcelona... it is going to happen.. or now no longer? just asking.

A pleasure

I therefore claim to show, not how men think in myths, but how myths operate in men's minds without their being aware of the fact. Levi-Strauss, Claude

by kcurie on Sun Feb 18th, 2007 at 03:55:04 PM EST
Hey, I am going, so don't stand me up!

"It's the statue, man, The Statue."
by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Sun Feb 18th, 2007 at 04:20:20 PM EST
No I will not.. for sure.. I will be here...

A pleasure

by kcurie on Sun Feb 18th, 2007 at 04:52:20 PM EST
Bis. Ditto.

Our knowledge has surpassed our wisdom. -Charu Saxena.
by metavision on Sun Feb 18th, 2007 at 04:23:26 PM EST
I'm now definintely coming, booking my flight today

keep to the Fen Causeway
by Helen (lareinagal at yahoo dot co dot uk) on Wed Feb 21st, 2007 at 08:59:42 AM EST