Beaten to death... well Daily Kos'ed to oblivioun.

by ghandi Wed Apr 4th, 2007 at 04:49:04 PM EST

So

Plutonium page shows her balls by banning any thoughts That does'nt meet her Fucking STUPID ideology.

Holland is guilty... rah, rah rah, rah.

In Groningen - where I live....

The 'socialists'....

Oh yeah... that's where the University of Groningen is the largest medical school in Europe.

I am sorry. I live Groningen.

I love Holland.

I love the life we live here.

There are good smart people.

Who don't wait to operate based what one earns a month.

I am so pissed off that I have been banned from Daily Kos vis a vis this situation. Not a word in return.)

Fuck you.

I work my ass off every day.

At www.atlanticfreepress.com

and

www.pacificfreepress.com

and www.chris-floyd.com

and www... et al.

Is there a reason why you're posting this multiple times?

The Hun is always either at your throat or at your feet. Winston Churchill
by r------ on Wed Apr 4th, 2007 at 04:50:01 PM EST
Now down to one.
by afew (afew(a in a circle)eurotrib_dot_com) on Wed Apr 4th, 2007 at 04:56:32 PM EST
Any links to DKos items providing context would be appreciated.

"It's the statue, man, The Statue."
by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Wed Apr 4th, 2007 at 05:01:53 PM EST
this one.

A bit excessive perhaps but material to get banned? I don't know. Well, I already decided that DK is in decline, so I'm biased.

And geez. PP needs to lay off the acid.

by Nomad on Thu Apr 5th, 2007 at 09:52:24 AM EST
Do people now get banned from DKos without public notice?

"It's the statue, man, The Statue."
by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Thu Apr 5th, 2007 at 10:07:51 AM EST
Sounds like it... ghandy, care to type some more about this? What's going on?

It just occurred to me that PP got all over-the-top abusive to someone who's not even Dutch by birth. Apparently you're now also an European when you have traveled a lot and were born in Canada.

by Nomad on Thu Apr 5th, 2007 at 10:18:57 AM EST
It's not the first time PP gets all over-the-top abusive.

"It's the statue, man, The Statue."
by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Thu Apr 5th, 2007 at 11:09:43 AM EST
I understand she's been unlucky to have a really nasty, racist and xenophobic Dutch teacher, and that must color her experience of the Netherlands and, by extension, of Europe.

As the rest of that thread on dKos, generalisations and invective only brings more of the same in return, and worse after that. We all do it at times, and it's natural both to do it, and to be defensive when you feel attacked, so we all have to be extra careful with our words. What else is new?

In the long run, we're all dead. John Maynard Keynes

by Jerome a Paris (etg@eurotrib.com) on Thu Apr 5th, 2007 at 11:17:48 AM EST
And, by extension, the world.

On another occasion excuses were made for her on the grounds of illness.

Etc.

I stand by what I said: people need to lay off the group identification.

"It's the statue, man, The Statue."

by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Thu Apr 5th, 2007 at 11:20:56 AM EST
You're right; Do note however that an explanation is not necessarily an excuse.

In the long run, we're all dead. John Maynard Keynes
by Jerome a Paris (etg@eurotrib.com) on Thu Apr 5th, 2007 at 11:31:53 AM EST
Now now we can't have people believing the problem is with those particular humans that seek success and control through chaos rather than entire cultures that We're Not A Part Of. That could lead to a safer and happier world. Very, very dangerous.

you are the media you consume.

by MillMan (millguy at gmail) on Thu Apr 5th, 2007 at 04:17:01 PM EST
Sorry, but I'm going to be giggling over that choice phrase for the rest of the day.
by Matt in NYC on Thu Apr 5th, 2007 at 11:54:25 AM EST
ghandi was banned previously, and this is supposed to be permanent, and to include new identities - and they claim they have the tools to identify  earlier posters.

In the long run, we're all dead. John Maynard Keynes
by Jerome a Paris (etg@eurotrib.com) on Thu Apr 5th, 2007 at 10:25:02 AM EST
And geez. PP needs to lay off the acid.
Hey! Don't be so hard on the acid, man! Sounds more like PP has to lay off the coke ;)
by someone (s0me1smail(a)gmail(d)com) on Thu Apr 5th, 2007 at 10:57:08 AM EST
She needs to lay off the group identification.

"It's the statue, man, The Statue."
by Migeru (migeru at eurotrib dot com) on Thu Apr 5th, 2007 at 11:07:08 AM EST
I think it's trying to learn Dutch. It's turned this sweet suburban sorority sister into a raving harridan. She needs a nice long vacation back in Anytown, USA.
by Matt in NYC on Thu Apr 5th, 2007 at 11:07:01 AM EST
And take some throat lozenges with her, no doubt.

The Hun is always either at your throat or at your feet. Winston Churchill
by r------ on Thu Apr 5th, 2007 at 11:46:29 AM EST
That's, like, only 2 hours away! When I'm home, that is. Are you in the city or in the country? Congrats for your fine choice; I love the north of the Netherlands myself.

Didn't know that. How many expats living in the Netherlands and contributing here does this forum have anyway...?

Ps. You know it's not Holland where you live, yeah?

by Nomad on Thu Apr 5th, 2007 at 10:01:37 AM EST
I didn't see a big problem with the diary, although many people at many different sites do seem to have a problem holding the idea of both Bush and Ahmadinejad being bad in their minds.  (Hitler being evil does not imply that Stalin was a great guy.  The same goes for Bush and Ahmadinejad, although I wouldn't compare either one with Hitler and Stalin.)  And the comments weren't exactly uniformly denouncing you.  I'm not sure what the ban was for, although I didn't read all of the comments.

I like Page.  She's great, but, yes, she's overly-sensitive at times.  It's difficult for me to fault her on that, , though, since I've been as guilty as anyone on any number of topics and come with the added "bonus" of being far more arrogant and obnoxious than she.  Stones at glass houses and all that....

All in all, I don't follow the logic behind the ban.  But I wouldn't get too angry over it, ghandi.  Let it go, my amigo (amiga?).

Be nice to America. Or we'll bring democracy to your country.

by Drew J Jones (pedobear@pennstatefootball.com) on Thu Apr 5th, 2007 at 01:26:57 PM EST
Wow. I haven't been much at DKos, an I am not going to start now. They behave like five year olds. And is that PP supposed to be a moderator?!

/Self-righteuos European

Peak oil is not an energy crisis. It is a liquid fuel crisis.

by Starvid on Thu Apr 5th, 2007 at 03:36:56 PM EST
I thought Booman Tribune was the place to express outrage at being banned at dKos.

dKos has its functions, but open debate is not one of them.

Seriously: criticism of the repressive tendencies at dKos is a recurrent theme at Booman Tribune, but not at European Tribune. (Kos, last I heard, isn't European, so how he runs his blog is not of much significance to Europe.) At Booman Tribune I'm sure you'd get an understanding audience.

A bomb, H bomb, Minuteman / The names get more attractive / The decisions are made by NATO / The press call it British opinion -- The Three Johns

by Alexander on Fri Apr 6th, 2007 at 05:19:04 AM EST