Champion's League - Quarter Finals

by whataboutbob Fri Apr 6th, 2007 at 12:33:19 PM EST

2006/07 UEFA Champions League quarter-finals
1st leg: 03/04 April
2nd leg: 10/11 April

1 AC Milan (ITA) v FC Bayern München (GER)
2 PSV Eindhoven (NED) v Liverpool FC (ENG)
3 AS Roma (ITA) v Manchester United FC (ENG)
4 Chelsea FC (ENG) v Valencia CF (ESP)

2006/07 UEFA Champions League semi-finals?
1st leg: 24/25 April
2nd leg: 01/02 May

1 Winner quarter-final 4  v Winner quarter-final 2 ?2 Winner quarter-final 3 v Winner quarter-final 1
2006/07 UEFA Champions League final?Olympic Stadium, Athens?Wednesday 23 May
Winner semi-final 2 v Winner semi-final 1

1st Leg - Quarter Final Scores

Roma 2 Man U 1
Chelsea 1 Valencia 1

Milan 2 Bayern 2
PSV 0  Liverpool 3

I watched part of the AS Roma - ManU match during a very late evening meal.  Just from Scoles's red card. I haven't seen a ManU match for half a year, and despite the loss, it amazed me how well Wayne Rooney and Christiano Ronaldo cooperate (remember, after the England-Portugal World Cup match, Rooney promised to kick Ronaldo's ass if he dares to return to Manchester...). And even more, I had to adkit to myself that I was very impressed how well Ronaldo played -- he either improved a lot or Alex Ferguson keeps the primadonna in him (for whom I hated him) under check.

*Lunatic*, n.
One whose delusions are out of fashion.
by DoDo on Fri Apr 6th, 2007 at 02:08:16 PM EST
Milan 2 Bayern 2

Will the Scheissverein kick out Berlusconi from the tournament?

*Lunatic*, n.
One whose delusions are out of fashion.

by DoDo on Fri Apr 6th, 2007 at 02:09:20 PM EST
Boonen repeats at the ronde van Vlaanderen.

Football? Didn't this end a month ago?

The Hun is always either at your throat or at your feet. Winston Churchill

by r------ on Fri Apr 6th, 2007 at 05:52:42 PM EST
Aside from Liverpool, nothing really conclusive from them.

I think Chelsea are gone, although I doubt Valencia will get another goal like that. Chelsea aren't scoring well at the moment, Drogba's going through a lean spell and if he doesn't score nobody else in Chelsea will.

Man Utd vs Roma is interesting. I suspect United might go through, but it's a close call.

Bayern are in pole position in their tie, but an early Milan goal will make life interesting.

Did anybody see the Tottenham game ? The penalty was hilarious. If that was a foul then let's all give up and go home.

keep to the Fen Causeway

by Helen (lareinagal at yahoo dot co dot uk) on Sat Apr 7th, 2007 at 07:32:31 AM EST
having been on a 4 day conference I managed to miss all of the games last week. but at the moment I'm not convinced Man U can score efectively at the moment, so I'd guess Liverpool, Bayern, Roma, and for fun Chelsea.

Any idiot can face a crisis - it's day to day living that wears you out.
by ceebs (ceebs (at) eurotrib (dot) com) on Mon Apr 9th, 2007 at 12:58:03 PM EST