Sat Dec 19th, 2009 at 04:23:02 PM EST
| A Daily Review Of International Online Media |Europeans on this date in history:
1861 – Birth of Ivana Kobilca, a Slovene realist painter who lived, worked and studied in various European cities including Vienna, Sarajevo, Berlin, Paris and Munich. She was a member of Société Nationale des Beaux Arts in Paris. Many of her paintings are still lifes, portraits or country settings. She later tended toward impressionism. (d. 1926)
More here and here
| The European Salon is a daily selection of news items to which you are invited to contribute. Post links to news stories that interest you, or just your comments. Come in and join us!|
The Salon has different rooms or sections for your enjoyment. If you would like to join the discussion, then to add a link or comment to a topic or section, please click on "Reply to this" in one of the following sections:
- EUROPE - is the place for anything to do with Europe.
- ECONOMY & FINANCE - is where you find what is going on in finance and the economy.
- WORLD - here you can add links and comments on topics concerning world affairs.
- LIVING OFF THE PLANET - is about the environment, energy, agriculture, food...
- LIVING ON THE PLANET - is about humanity, society, culture, history, information...
- PEOPLE AND KLATSCH - this is the place for stories about people and off course also for gossipy items. But it's also there for open discussion at any time.
I hope you will find this place inspiring - of course meaning the inspiration gained here to show up in interesting diaries on ET. :-)
There is just one favor I would like to ask you - please do NOT click on "Post a Comment", as this will put the link or your comment out of context at the bottom of the page.
Actually, there is another favor I would like to ask you - please, enjoy yourself and have fun at this place!