Mon Oct 5th, 2009 at 02:00:18 PM EST
| A Daily Review Of International Online Media |Europeans on this date in history:
1914 – Birth of Thor Heyerdahl, a Norwegian ethnographer and adventurer with a scientific background in zoology and geography. Heyerdahl became notable for his Kon-Tiki expedition, in which he sailed 4,300 miles (8,000 km) by raft from South America to the Tuamotu Islands. (d. 2002)
More here and video
| The European Salon is a daily selection of news items to which you are invited to contribute. Post links to news stories that interest you, or just your comments. Come in and join us!|
The Salon has different rooms or sections for your enjoyment. If you would like to join the discussion, then to add a link or comment to a topic or section, please click on "Reply to this" in one of the following sections:
- EUROPE - is the place for anything to do with Europe.
- ECONOMY & FINANCE - is where you find what is going on in finance and the economy.
- WORLD - here you can add links and comments on topics concerning world affairs.
- LIVING OFF THE PLANET - is about the environment, energy, agriculture, food...
- LIVING ON THE PLANET - is about humanity, society, culture, history, information...
- PEOPLE AND KLATSCH - this is the place for stories about people and off course also for gossipy items. But it's also there for open discussion at any time.
- SPECIAL FOCUS - will be up only for special events and topics, as occasion warrants.
I hope you will find this place inspiring - of course meaning the inspiration gained here to show up in interesting diaries on ET. :-)
There is just one favor I would like to ask you - please do NOT
click on "Post a Comment", as this will put the link or your comment out of context at the bottom of the page.
Actually, there is another favor I would like to ask you - please, enjoy yourself and have fun at this place!