How wrong is this?

by vbo Sat Apr 3rd, 2010 at 07:28:22 PM EST

A sign on the door of Dr. Jack Cassell's office in Mount Dora, Fla., tells patients "If you voted for Obama, seek urologic care elsewhere. Changes to your healthcare begin right now, not in four years.

...MOUNT DORA, Fla. - A central Florida urologist has posted a sign on his office door warning supporters of President Barack Obama to find a different doctor.

The notice on Dr. Jack Cassell's Mount Dora practice says, "If you voted for Obama, seek urologic care elsewhere. Changes to your healthcare begin right now, not in four years."

Cassell told the Orlando Sentinel on Thursday he wasn't questioning patients or refusing care, because that would be unethical."

I am shocked!Where USA is going?Incredibly on another forum people that live in USA do not see anything wrong here...How about you?

European Tribune - How wrong is this?
Where USA is going?

Exactly where it was before?

by afew (afew(a in a circle)eurotrib_dot_com) on Sun Apr 4th, 2010 at 03:58:17 AM EST
I'm surprised that people are surprised. Of course people in the US think like this, a few million people watch FOX, a few million more are in the "teabag" movement.

keep to the Fen Causeway
by Helen (lareinagal at yahoo dot co dot uk) on Sun Apr 4th, 2010 at 09:43:04 AM EST
by Jerome a Paris (etg@eurotrib.com) on Sun Apr 4th, 2010 at 05:34:57 AM EST
Well, I'm certain most people across the Atlantic now appreciate that medicine in the USA is a business, not a service to people in need for medical care. Concepts like socialized medicine, public options, Medicare for All, all serve to reduce doctor's income. Doctors in American have a bottom line.

Got it now?

Apologies to those decent physicians who give their services to all regardless of income or insurance.

by shergald on Sun Apr 4th, 2010 at 12:41:24 PM EST
Love Billmon, always! So miss Whisky Bar . . .
by sgr2 on Mon Apr 5th, 2010 at 05:14:24 AM EST
This was shocking for me cause I do believe that Australia is a country where doctor like this would have his license for practice taken away on the ground of discrimination. I may be proven wrong tho...I would like to know what would be the consequence  if this happened in France or Holland or Germany or UK? Any ideas?
What really made me more like sad is that it seems that so many people in USA have no problem with this happening.
For Christ sake it's your right to vote for who ever you want to ...Americans are mouth full of democracy and how they are "spreading" in trough the world ( by all means) and then they are OK with this happening in USA exactly.
This simply make me sick.

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind...Albert Einstein
by vbo on Sun Apr 4th, 2010 at 06:35:45 AM EST
die liberal scum!

oops, wrong blog, sorry!

by melo (melometa4(at)gmail.com) on Sun Apr 4th, 2010 at 09:23:10 AM EST
In France as in all EU countries, a doctor pulling that kind of stunt would face disciplinary action and removal of his/her license for practice.
by Bernard (bernard) on Mon Apr 5th, 2010 at 11:35:18 AM EST
'Don't ask, don't tell' medicine.

It's sickening, vbo.

Our knowledge has surpassed our wisdom. -Charu Saxena.

by metavision on Sun Apr 4th, 2010 at 02:10:04 PM EST
"If you voted for Obama, are an atheist, liberal, negro or poor, seek urologic care elsewhere."

Fixed it for ya.

Peak oil is not an energy crisis. It is a liquid fuel crisis.

by Starvid on Sun Apr 4th, 2010 at 05:33:11 PM EST
In a minimal diary, perhaps showing an image of the text, then a quotation repeating the text twice is a bit redundant.

Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner - that I moved to Nice.
by Ted Welch (tedwelch-at-mac-dot-com) on Sun Apr 4th, 2010 at 06:24:13 PM EST
Somehow the word that keeps occurring to me when I read about US politics is ... petulant.

The difference between theory and practise in practise ...
by DeAnander (de_at_daclarke_dot_org) on Mon Apr 5th, 2010 at 01:46:36 AM EST
For me, the word that keeps occurring is "disgusting."

It certainly gives new meaning daily to the saying that there's no bottom to worse.

by sgr2 on Mon Apr 5th, 2010 at 05:19:25 AM EST
i'd like to see barack go confront the guy, exhibit poor bladder control on his front step, then ask for a urologic diagnosis...

by melo (melometa4(at)gmail.com) on Mon Apr 5th, 2010 at 09:07:11 AM EST
Everyone in the area who thinks that's betrayal of citizenship, should wet his door with 24 hr. utest bottles.

Just before he gets hit with a thorough, 7-year audit by the IRS.

Our knowledge has surpassed our wisdom. -Charu Saxena.

by metavision on Mon Apr 5th, 2010 at 01:55:49 PM EST
What a great idea...

by vbo on Mon Apr 5th, 2010 at 09:22:55 PM EST
What's come out in subsequent stories is that the man apparently has no understanding of the health-care legislation--hasn't read it, doesn't really know what's in it. But you can be sure that he gets his "news" from hate-mongers like Fox.

And you wonder why we get nervous about so many crazies loose in the land.

by Mnemosyne on Mon Apr 5th, 2010 at 11:11:59 PM EST
Here is John Stewart on this.
"If you voted for Obama," said Stewart, "this man will not touch your penis. But if you voted for McCain, he'll touch your penis."
Dr. Jack Cassell: Well, you know, I can't tell you exactly, you know, what the deal is.

Alan Colmes: But if you don't know what the deal is, why are you speaking out against something you don't know what the deal is?

Dr. Jack Cassell: Well, I mean, I get what I get online, just like any other American.

Jon Stewart: You're a doctor! You get your information online as a citizen, not as a doctor. Christ, every time I go online to diagnose myself, it turns out I have cancer.

by gk (gk (gk quattro due due sette @gmail.com)) on Tue Apr 6th, 2010 at 04:11:54 PM EST