Friday Photo Blog - ENERGY

by Wife of Bath Sun Dec 4th, 2011 at 05:06:21 AM EST

So here's a photo blog taking a very liberal view of the subject of Energy. That's because my photo library hasn't provided enough in the way of "serious" energy examples, so there. But I'll begin with something sentimental and fitting to European Tribune:

front-paged by afew

And jump to a more modern version, this one in Austria:

Here we get a bit of energy from water, by Konigsee in very southeastern Germany:

then on to the USA, where we have the results of the energy of erosion:

and the harnessed energy of the Hoover Dam.

Here in the form of my granddaughter and her Aunt we have Youthful Energy:

and adding my daughter as well, we have "Out of Energy." (Told you I was being liberal with the topic.)

So, if you have the energy, let's see it. Thanks for your indulgence.

I'll start it off with a little horsepower (pony power?) with this cute brown creature in Wales.

'tis strange I should be old and neither wise nor valiant. From "The Maid's Tragedy" by Beaumont & Fletcher

by Wife of Bath (kareninaustin at g mail dot com) on Fri Dec 2nd, 2011 at 08:00:31 AM EST

You can't be me, I'm taken
by Sven Triloqvist on Fri Dec 2nd, 2011 at 10:33:50 AM EST

You can't be me, I'm taken
by Sven Triloqvist on Fri Dec 2nd, 2011 at 10:35:07 AM EST

You can't be me, I'm taken
by Sven Triloqvist on Fri Dec 2nd, 2011 at 10:36:01 AM EST

You can't be me, I'm taken
by Sven Triloqvist on Fri Dec 2nd, 2011 at 10:36:55 AM EST
by Fran on Fri Dec 2nd, 2011 at 02:11:55 PM EST
Energy = Prana and according to Yoga can be accessed through Pranayama.

by Fran on Fri Dec 2nd, 2011 at 02:19:25 PM EST
by Fran on Fri Dec 2nd, 2011 at 02:27:08 PM EST
I love all your energy, Fran.

by Wife of Bath (kareninaustin at g mail dot com) on Fri Dec 2nd, 2011 at 02:28:54 PM EST
Thanks. You know when I first saw the title I thougth "what the heck am I supposed to in this diary", but then I looked at your examples and I must say it is a great topic. :-)
by Fran on Sat Dec 3rd, 2011 at 02:41:23 PM EST
by Fran on Fri Dec 2nd, 2011 at 02:28:33 PM EST
Energy of water pressure, grandkids at nearby swimming area.

by Wife of Bath (kareninaustin at g mail dot com) on Fri Dec 2nd, 2011 at 02:35:46 PM EST

You can't be me, I'm taken
by Sven Triloqvist on Fri Dec 2nd, 2011 at 03:47:45 PM EST
by Jerome a Paris (etg@eurotrib.com) on Fri Dec 2nd, 2011 at 05:41:57 PM EST
CH will recognize this one:

Wind power

by Jerome a Paris (etg@eurotrib.com) on Fri Dec 2nd, 2011 at 05:42:30 PM EST
1st two AREVA Multibrid prototype turbines in Bremerhaven, across the street from the Deutsche WindGuard large wind tunnel. We're facing the tripod foundation test.

Or perhaps the moon lander, i forget.

"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anaïs Nin

by Crazy Horse on Sun Dec 4th, 2011 at 08:51:02 AM EST
by Jerome a Paris (etg@eurotrib.com) on Fri Dec 2nd, 2011 at 05:48:38 PM EST
by Jerome a Paris (etg@eurotrib.com) on Fri Dec 2nd, 2011 at 05:50:49 PM EST
by Jerome a Paris (etg@eurotrib.com) on Fri Dec 2nd, 2011 at 06:01:32 PM EST
I still carry a 4cm raised scar on my scull from a dive made into a too shallow part of Lake Mead nearly 40 years ago. If I ever go bald I'll have a seriously frightening pate.
But now I live in a country with nearly 100% of its energy needs supplied by hydro, so live and let live.
by Andhakari on Mon Dec 5th, 2011 at 08:23:40 AM EST
by Jerome a Paris (etg@eurotrib.com) on Fri Dec 2nd, 2011 at 06:02:11 PM EST
by Jerome a Paris (etg@eurotrib.com) on Fri Dec 2nd, 2011 at 06:03:30 PM EST
that's an eerie resemblance to a prominent ETer :-))

keep to the Fen Causeway
by Helen (lareinagal at yahoo dot co dot uk) on Sun Dec 4th, 2011 at 03:46:12 AM EST
Of dress, have you ?!

The Hun is always either at your throat or at your feet. Winston Churchill
by r------ on Sun Dec 4th, 2011 at 03:48:06 AM EST
[ET Moderation Technology™]

Now, now, children.

by afew (afew(a in a circle)eurotrib_dot_com) on Sun Dec 4th, 2011 at 04:07:33 AM EST
by Jerome a Paris (etg@eurotrib.com) on Fri Dec 2nd, 2011 at 06:05:30 PM EST
Going to post a few more before heading to Mom-in-law's up north. Back Sunday afternoon.

Vacation energy; sail and motor boats on Lake Annecy.

Wave energy; surfer on the Eisbach at the Englischer Garten in Munich.

by Wife of Bath (kareninaustin at g mail dot com) on Sat Dec 3rd, 2011 at 01:52:32 AM EST
from another angle

"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anaïs Nin

by Crazy Horse on Tue Dec 6th, 2011 at 02:09:56 PM EST
Creative energy; a living recreation of a Van Gogh outside the Tate Museum in London.

Jet power.

by Wife of Bath (kareninaustin at g mail dot com) on Sat Dec 3rd, 2011 at 01:53:13 AM EST
Spiritual energy.

Husband and nieces with windmill in background, Wittmund, Germany.

Mrs. Brown all out of energy.

by Wife of Bath (kareninaustin at g mail dot com) on Sat Dec 3rd, 2011 at 01:54:43 AM EST
thats a belly that needs scratching

Any idiot can face a crisis - it's day to day living that wears you out.
by ceebs (ceebs (at) eurotrib (dot) com) on Sat Dec 3rd, 2011 at 02:06:59 PM EST

Hey, Grandma Moses started late!
by LEP on Sat Dec 3rd, 2011 at 11:07:08 AM EST
The best energy of all.

You can't be me, I'm taken
by Sven Triloqvist on Sat Dec 3rd, 2011 at 01:03:29 PM EST

You can't be me, I'm taken
by Sven Triloqvist on Sat Dec 3rd, 2011 at 01:04:38 PM EST
The perfect place to re-energize!

by sgr2 on Sat Dec 3rd, 2011 at 01:37:45 PM EST
My - you have expensive tastes ;-)

You can't be me, I'm taken
by Sven Triloqvist on Sat Dec 3rd, 2011 at 02:12:15 PM EST

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind...Albert Einstein

by vbo on Sun Dec 4th, 2011 at 05:10:28 AM EST
Solar and wind - by the sea:

a-montse-pinede-sun-4538 copy

Barman unconcerned by H&S regulations:

blast-bar-fire-nice-4940 copy

a-flamenco-sezamo-nice-5775 copy

a-nice-flamenco-couple-5899 copy

a-girl-flamenco-nice-5902 copy

fete-port-5975 copy

c-saleya-glass-5994 copy

Apollo regrets the tram doesn't run on solar:

apollo-tram-6374

Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner - that I moved to Nice.

by Ted Welch (tedwelch-at-mac-dot-com) on Mon Dec 5th, 2011 at 04:44:01 AM EST
Nice photos Ted.

Hey, Grandma Moses started late!
by LEP on Mon Dec 5th, 2011 at 05:34:14 AM EST

Yes, correct location :-)  Thanks.

Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner - that I moved to Nice.
by Ted Welch (tedwelch-at-mac-dot-com) on Mon Dec 5th, 2011 at 07:15:52 AM EST
Windmill, funded by philanthropist Moses Montefiore, built in Jerusalem in 1857.

It was not a success. According to Wikipedia

The mill was not a success due to a lack of wind. Wind conditions in Jerusalem could not guarantee its continued operation. There were probably no more than 20 days a year with strong enough breezes.
by gk (gk (gk quattro due due sette @gmail.com)) on Mon Dec 5th, 2011 at 07:14:29 AM EST
by sgr2 on Mon Dec 5th, 2011 at 08:50:00 AM EST
that is a wonderful multiple renewable power image to contemplate.

My home:

Solyndra solar power at work at the Solar Decathlon, 2011

The solar array overhang

Blogging regularly at Get Energy Smart. NOW!!!

by a siegel (siegeadATgmailIGNORETHISdotPLEASEcom) on Thu Dec 8th, 2011 at 08:33:47 AM EST