On the Road...and the plane and the train

by NearlyNormal Fri Mar 4th, 2011 at 04:38:01 PM EST

My wife and I are coming to a continent near you!  At the end of the month we will be landing in Amsterdam and then in Paris on the 1st of April.  This will be our 2nd trip, the first was in 2002, and it was wonderful and we are looking forward to being in "old Europe" again.

We have some existing time commitments, but if anyone is available I would love to get together with any of my ET correspondents in Paris sometime on the first couple of days of April.  I don't know where would be a good, low-key and comfortable place to meet, but I'm sure there are plenty of great spots.

I know people have lots of things to do in their lives and don't want to inconvenience anyone, but if you are in the neighborhood then, I would certainly enjoy seeing you.

Steve

I don't really have any extended copy, heh.

Sadly I am far away, but I wish you an interesting visit - and remember to take photos!

You can't be me, I'm taken
by Sven Triloqvist on Sat Mar 5th, 2011 at 01:49:54 AM EST
How much time will you spend in the Netherlands at the end of this month? I'm around, and would love to meet - though my work schedule is pretty crazy.
by Nomad on Sat Mar 5th, 2011 at 08:34:24 AM EST
Just a couple of days, but will be leaving from there in mid-april, so I hope we can get in touch.

Steve

"I said, 'Wait a minute, Chester, You know I'm a peaceful man...'" Robbie Robertson

by NearlyNormal on Sat Mar 5th, 2011 at 10:01:50 AM EST
Can I contact you by e-mail to facilitate any further planning?
by Nomad on Sat Mar 5th, 2011 at 01:00:36 PM EST

by NearlyNormal on Sun Mar 6th, 2011 at 05:13:31 PM EST
spettit@sonoma-county.org

by NearlyNormal on Sun Mar 6th, 2011 at 05:16:59 PM EST
I just read your info page - I see you are in the bay area and ride a motorcycle. We should go for a ride sometime.

you are the media you consume.

by MillMan (millguy at gmail) on Tue Mar 8th, 2011 at 05:14:14 AM EST
Sadly, I am restricted by eurostar cheap deals and they aren't available for the first week of april.

Have a great time in Paris. Let me know if you come to London

keep to the Fen Causeway

by Helen (lareinagal at yahoo dot co dot uk) on Tue Mar 8th, 2011 at 08:15:03 AM EST
Will Do.

by NearlyNormal on Tue Mar 8th, 2011 at 01:05:15 PM EST
I'll be around this week-end. I'll drop you a line.
by Bernard on Mon Mar 14th, 2011 at 05:33:22 PM EST
Good!  Poring over maps in anticipation is part of the fun.  the bad part is culling out places based on time constraints.  Course that falls in the area of "good" problems.

by NearlyNormal on Thu Mar 17th, 2011 at 04:20:10 PM EST