Tue Sep 18th, 2018 at 10:30:27 PM EST
Imran Khan's visit to Saudi Arabia and UAE will start a new era | Gulf News |
Dubai: Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan is being widely praised for his drastic steps, including the austerity measures he took within one month of coming into power.
His first official visit to Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates is even more commendable for it will largely be focused on the financial bailout plan for his country in addition to mending ties that saw a downward trend in recent years due to blunders committed by his predecessors.
Continued below the fold ...
Though Imran Khan had announced that he would not take any foreign trips in the first 100 days of his government, his decision to visit Saudi Arabia and the UAE is critical for his country and the region. Though very short, he has wisely included trip to the UAE as well on his way back from Saudi Arabia on September 19. Being a frequent visitor to the UAE to raise funds for his cancer hospital during the last two decades, Iman knows how important it is to take relations with the UAE to the next level.
Imran should take care he isn't taken hostage first time around like his fellow PM from Lebanon Hariri
○ Lebanon's Choice: Pro Colonial West or Shia Terror
Of course it will not be small cash the Saudi princes throw around to gain influence, ask Malaysia's Prime Minister Najib Razak and the One Malaysian Development Berhad (1MDB).
○ Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan starts Gulf trip | The National - UAE |
○ PM to leave for Saudi Arabia today | Dawn |
Related reading when I was optimistic Imran would take a new route in the region ... Pakistan, same old, same old!
○ Pakistan Warming Up Ties with Iran
Of course, did the US military effort in Afghanistan put further blame for terror on the shoulders of Pakistan ...
○ Pentagon cancels aid to Pakistan over record on terrorists
○ US warns IMF against bailout for Pakistan
○ Trump's tweet on Pakistan sparks war of words
The Middle-East on fire, related reading …
○ Game Changer R2P: Russia to Deliver S-300
○ Fucking Israelis Stirring Up Big Trouble
○ Syrian Civil War - Endgame In Idlib?