It's All over Now, Baby Blue

by Frank Schnittger Sun Dec 15th, 2019 at 09:12:25 AM EST

It's All over Now, Baby Blue

You must leave now, take what you need, you think will last
But whatever you wish to keep, you better grab it fast
Yonder stands your orphan with his gun
Crying like a fire in the sun
Look out, the saints are comin' through
And it's all over now, baby blue

The highway is for gamblers, better use your sense
Take what you have gathered from coincidence
The empty-handed painter from your streets
Is drawing crazy patterns on your sheets
The sky, too, is folding under you
And it's all over now, baby blue

All your seasick sailors, they are rowing home
Your empty-handed army is all going home
You lover who just walked out your door
Has taken all his blankets from the floor
The carpet, too, is moving under you
And it's all over now, baby blue

Leave your stepping stones behind now, something calls for you
Forget the dead you've left, they will not follow you
The vagabond who's rapping at your door
Is standing in the clothes that you once wore
Strike another match, go start anew
And it's all over now, baby blue...

Bob Dylan 1965

HOPE!

That's what's Left ... no insult intended! 😥

... while the chorus, with its line "its all over now Baby Blue" has a heartbreaking quality to it.

PS In the beginning I thought it was about Chelsea ... [and the Russians - Abramowitz] 😄

Global Warming - distance between America and Europe is steadily increasing.

by Oui on Sun Dec 15th, 2019 at 12:26:34 PM EST

'Twas in another lifetime, one of toil and blood
When blackness was a virtue the road was full of mud
I came in from the wilderness, a creature void of form
Come in, she said
I'll give ya shelter from the storm

And if I pass this way again, you can rest assured
I'll always do my best for her, on that I give my word
In a world of steel-eyed death, and men who are fighting to be warm
Come in, she said
I'll give ya shelter from the storm

Not a word was spoke between us, there was little risk involved
Everything up to that point had been left unresolved
Try imagining a place where it's always safe and warm
Come in, she said
I'll give ya shelter from the storm

I was burned out from exhaustion, buried in the hail
Poisoned in the bushes an' blown out on the trail
Hunted like a crocodile, ravaged in the corn
Come in, she said
I'll give ya shelter from the storm

Suddenly I turned around and she was standin' there
With silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair
She walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thorns
Come in, she said
I'll give ya shelter from the storm

Now there's a wall between us, somethin' there's been lost
I took too much for granted, I got my signals crossed
Just to think that it all began on an uneventful morn
Come in, she said
I'll give ya shelter from the storm

Well, the deputy walks on hard nails and the preacher rides a mount
But nothing really matters much, it's doom alone that counts
And the one-eyed undertaker, he blows a futile horn
Come in, she said
I'll give ya shelter from the storm

I've heard newborn babies wailin' like a mournin' dove
And old men with broken teeth stranded without love
Do I understand your question, man, is it hopeless and forlorn
Come in, she said
I'll give ya shelter from the storm

In a little hilltop village, they gambled for my clothes
I bargained for salvation and she gave me a lethal dose
I offered up my innocence I got repaid with scorn
Come in, she said
I'll give ya shelter from the storm

Well, I'm livin' in a foreign country but I'm bound to cross the line
Beauty walks a razor's edge, someday I'll make it mine
If I could only turn back the clock to when God and her were born
Come in, she said
I'll give ya shelter from the storm

Bob Dylan

Index of Frank's Diaries

by Frank Schnittger (mail Frankschnittger at hot male dotty communists) on Sun Dec 15th, 2019 at 01:53:02 PM EST
It is feeling bleak and desolate over here as well. I am thinking this is how republics die. Looks like we will just ignore rule of law.

To quote Joni Miller: You don't know what you've got till its gone. But if things go the way I fear I have  to wonder if anything close to a majority over here will even notice or care - until the ugly part of fascism hits them. Then they will blame the libruls.

"It is not necessary to have hope in order to persevere."

by ARGeezer (ARGeezer a in a circle eurotrib daught com) on Mon Dec 16th, 2019 at 07:16:50 AM EST
by Frank Schnittger (mail Frankschnittger at hot male dotty communists) on Tue Dec 17th, 2019 at 12:28:01 AM EST

Someone's got it in for me, they're planting stories in the press.
Whoever it is, I wish they'd cut it out, but when they will I can only guess.

They say I shot a man named Gray, and took his wife to Italy.
She inherited a million bucks, and when she died it came to me.
I can't help it if I'm lucky.

People see me all the time, and they just can't remember how to act.
Their minds are filled with big ideas, images, and distorted facts.

And even you, yesterday, you had to ask me where it was at.
I can't believe after all these years that you didn't know me any better than that, sweet lady.

Idiot wind, blowing every time you move your mouth
Blowing down the back roads heading south.
Idiot wind, blowing every time you move your teeth
You're an idiot, babe, it's a wonder that you still know how to breathe!

I threw the I Ching yesterday; it said there might be some thunder at the well.
Peace and Quiet's been avoiding me for so long it feels like living hell.

There's a lone soldier on the hill, watching falling raindrops pour.
You'd never know it to look at him, but in the final shot he won the war,
After losing every battle

I woke up on the roadside, daydreaming about the way things sometimes are.
Hoof beats pounding in my head, at break-neck speeds and making me see stars!

You hurt the ones that I love best, and covered up the truth with lies.
One day you'll be in the ditch, flies buzzing around your eyes; blood on your saddle.

Idiot wind; blowing through the flowers on your tomb.
Blowing through the curtains in your room.
Idiot wind; blowing every time you move your teeth.
You're an idiot babe, it's a wonder that you still know how to breathe

It was gravity which pulled us in, and destiny which broke us apart.
You tamed the lion in my cage, but it just wasn't enough to change my heart.

Now everything's a little upside-down. As a matter of fact the wheels have stopped.
What's good is bad, what's bad is good. You'll find out when you reach the top;
You're on the bottom.

I noticed at the ceremony that you left all your bags behind.
The driver came in after you left; he gave them all to me, and then he resigned.

The priest wore black on the seventh day, and waltzed around while the building burned.
You didn't trust me for a minute, babe. I've never known the spring to turn so quickly into autumn

Idiot wind; blowing every time you move your jaw
From the Grand Cooley Dam to the Mardi Gras
Idiot wind; blowing every time you move your teeth
You're an idiot babe. It's a wonder that you still know how to breathe.

We pushed each other a little too far, and one day it just jumped into a raging storm
The hound dog bayed behind your trees, while I was packing up my uniform.

I figured I'd lost you anyway; why go on? What's the use?
In order to get in a word with you I'd have had to come up with some kind of excuse.
And it just struck me kind of funny.

I've been double-crossed too much. At times I think I've lost my mind.
Lady killers load dice on me behind my back while imitators steal me blind

You close your eyes and pout your lips and slip your fingers from your glove.
You can have the best there is, but it's gonna cost you all your love.
You won't get it from money.

Idiot wind; blowing through the buttons of our coats.
Blowing through the letters that we wrote.
Idiot wind; Blowing through the dust up on our shelves.
We're idiots, babe. It's a wonder we can even feed ourselves.

Index of Frank's Diaries

by Frank Schnittger (mail Frankschnittger at hot male dotty communists) on Wed Dec 18th, 2019 at 11:31:48 AM EST
I had a dream last night. Some guy was sitting on a burning chair and wouldn't, or couldn't get up.
Anther guy, vaguely identified as some senior EU official, had lost all he owned to some dodgy gambling syndicate, possibly run by the Chinese. The guy in the chair was in agony and seemed to have been there a long time without burning up. I kissed him on the forehead - the only part of him that wasn't smouldering. He got up. He seemed to be recovering. We were friends. The flames died out. I awoke.

Index of Frank's Diaries
by Frank Schnittger (mail Frankschnittger at hot male dotty communists) on Wed Dec 18th, 2019 at 07:39:16 PM EST
???????
I need to talk to that fellow who explained the dreams of Moses ... I read a book about that event. 🤣

Global Warming - distance between America and Europe is steadily increasing.
by Oui on Wed Dec 18th, 2019 at 07:55:52 PM EST
Was it not Moses who interpreted the Pharaoh's dreams?

Index of Frank's Diaries
by Frank Schnittger (mail Frankschnittger at hot male dotty communists) on Wed Dec 18th, 2019 at 08:02:33 PM EST
LOL 😄

I admit it's been ages ago .,,

Global Warming - distance between America and Europe is steadily increasing.

by Oui on Wed Dec 18th, 2019 at 08:27:28 PM EST
It was Jacob and The Multicolored Coat minus his Other Brothers with jawboning 24/7.

Diversity is the key to economic and political evolution.
by Cat on Wed Dec 18th, 2019 at 08:41:37 PM EST
of Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice, before that incident by the Jordan river.

Diversity is the key to economic and political evolution.
by Cat on Wed Dec 18th, 2019 at 08:47:23 PM EST
Actually, I think it was Joseph, he of the amazing technicolour dreamcoat...

Index of Frank's Diaries
by Frank Schnittger (mail Frankschnittger at hot male dotty communists) on Wed Dec 18th, 2019 at 10:56:51 PM EST
That's his third middle name.
by Cat on Thu Dec 19th, 2019 at 04:40:42 AM EST

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded
Everybody rolls with their fingers crossed
Everybody knows that the war is over
Everybody knows the good guys lost
Everybody knows the fight was fixed
The poor stay poor, the rich get rich
That's how it goes
Everybody knows
Everybody knows that the boat is leaking
Everybody knows that the captain lied
Everybody got this broken feeling
Like their father or their dog just died

Everybody talking to their pockets
Everybody wants a box of chocolates
And a long stem rose
Everybody knows

Everybody knows that you love me baby
Everybody knows that you really do
Everybody knows that you've been faithful
Ah give or take a night or two
Everybody knows you've been discreet
But there were so many people you just had to meet
Without your clothes
And everybody knows

Everybody knows, everybody knows
That's how it goes
Everybody knows

Everybody knows, everybody knows
That's how it goes
Everybody knows

And everybody knows that it's now or never
Everybody knows that it's me or you
And everybody knows that you live forever
Ah when you've done a line or two
Everybody knows the deal is rotten
Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton
For your ribbons and bows
And everybody knows

And everybody knows that the Plague is coming
Everybody knows that it's moving fast
Everybody knows that the naked man and woman
Are just a shining artifact of the past
Everybody knows the scene is dead
But there's gonna be a meter on your bed
That will disclose
What everybody knows

And everybody knows that you're in trouble
Everybody knows what you've been through
From the bloody cross on top of Calvary
To the beach of Malibu
Everybody knows it's coming apart
Take one last look at this Sacred Heart
Before it blows
And everybody knows

Everybody knows, everybody knows
That's how it goes
Everybody knows

Oh everybody knows, everybody knows
That's how it goes
Everybody knows

Everybody knows

Things are going to slide, slide in all directions
Won't be nothing, nothing you can measure anymore
L. Cohen

by john_evans (john(dot)evans(dot)et(at)gmail(dot)com) on Fri Dec 20th, 2019 at 07:26:09 PM EST
Somehow I am tempted to post this contrarian video. We will have to forget those incorrect, lip-syncing times either way, right? If only to preserve some sanity.

Have a happy (or interesting) coming New Year!

by das monde on Sun Dec 29th, 2019 at 04:09:13 PM EST