Sat Apr 20th, 2019 at 05:37:07 PM EST
More below the fold ...
Sudan crisis: Cash hoard found at al-Bashir's home | BBC News |
A source in Sudan's judiciary told Reuters news agency that suitcases loaded with more than $351,000, 6m ($6.7m; £5.2m) and five billion Sudanese pounds ($105m) were found at Mr Bashir's home.
The source also confirmed Mr Bashir was under investigation, telling Reuters prosecutors would "question the former president in Kobar prison".
A picture carried by the Netherlands-based media outlet Radio Dabanga shows men in army uniforms standing over what appears to be several sacks full of cash.
○ The Prosecutor v. Omar Hassan Ahmad Al Bashir | ICC Court - The Hague |
The ICC court is in the neighbourhood of the place where I live ...
○ The Controversial U.S. Retaliatory Missile Strikes by Bill Clinton
○ Omar al-Bashir, World's Worst Dictator, Overthrown at Last
In addition former CIA asset General Haftar on the siege of Tripoli in a strange command of allies ...
○ Haftar has clearly been given the green light to conquer Tripoli | MEMO |
○ A Quick Guide to Libya's Main Players
Italy and France in opposing militant power-play:
Libya - Tripoli - U.N. - Italy - Qatar - Turkey (Muslim Brotherhood alliance) vs. Haftar (ex-CIA asset) - Egypt - KSA - Emirates (UAE) - France! Haftar has the oil fields along the coastline in Eastern Libya. Russia is backing Haftar .... of course! Strange bedfellows ...
○ Libya crisis: Egypt’s Sisi backs Haftar assault on Tripoli | The Guardian |
Related reading, my earlier diaries ...
○ US Marines On the Shore of 'Montezuma and Tripoli'
○ Lies, War, and Empire: NATO's "Humanitarian Imperialism" in Libya
More to follow:
The surprise winner of tomorrow's Ukraine presidential election ... democracy overthrown by the 2014 Maidan Revolt.
○ Ukraine election set to deliver damning verdict on traditional politics