Thu Jul 18th, 2019 at 07:49:21 PM EST
Nothing here to see ... just as the domestic quarrel issue, Der Boris honors the Sicilian code of silence, the omertà.
○ Il sindaco di Londra Boris Johnson in Umbria ospite dell'oligarca Evgeny Lebedev | Umbria24 - Nov. 2012 |
Boris Johnson refuses to answer questions over party in Lebedev mansion | The Guardian - 4 hrs ago |
Boris Johnson is refusing to give details of a trip he made to Italy when he was foreign secretary for a weekend-long party held at a restored castle owned by the media billionaire and socialite Evgeny Lebedev.
The Guardian has learned that the likely next prime minister went to Palazzo Terranova in Perugia in April 2018 at the invitation of Lebedev [4th invitation], the owner of the London Evening Standard and the Independent who is renowned for hosting glamorous events for the world's rich and famous.
Continued below the fold ...
In a brief entry of ministerial interests on the Foreign Office website, Johnson declared he had an "overnight stay" with Lebedev on 28 April, travelling "accompanied by a spouse, family member or friend".
Johnson did not give any further details of where he had been, who he was with or the reason for the visit - reportedly his fourth to Lebedev's Italian home in recent years.
Evgeny is the son out of his first marriage ... Alexander Lebedev, former KGB spy stationed in London, gained prominence during the Yeltsin Years of reaping profits, billionaire, partial ownership of the London Evening Standard and The Independent. Earned his millions in the banking business ... (was) part-owner of the Alfa Bank ... hmmm linked to ... ???
○ Mystery offshore investor takes 20% stake in Evening Standard | The Guardian - Jan. 19, 2019 |
○ Evening Standard investor unveiled as Saudi businessman | The Guardian - Feb. 25, 2019 |
Related reading …
Artem Artemov, Aleksadr Lebedev and the Russian newspaper shutdown:
○ Federal Security Service (FSB) officers raided the offices of "Moskovsky Korrespondent"
A planted story to whip-up hardliners and turmoil in the Kremlin?
○ Putin Romance Rumors Keep Public Riveted | RFERL – April 2008 |