Mon Feb 21st, 2022 at 03:13:49 PM EST
The Duma will recognize the independence of Luhansk and Donetsk regions. The NSC will approve military action as last resort to protect the Russian citizens.
Stop the ethnic cleansing of Russian speaking Ukrainians.
Live! Putin convenes meeting of Russia's National Security Council
US is leading, the White House is the decision maker on bi-lateral relations. The economic sanctions are unjust and there is no light on the horizon. Blinken comes to another meeting with empty hands.
The proposed summit with President Biden is a last opportunity. We look warily at the result, a Nyet will confirm we have done all for a peaceful resolution of the crisis with Ukraine.
A mirror image of the war hawks gathered at the Munich Security Conference.
I took a few notes as I listened and watched the meeting … Putin stressed a few times the session was not rehearsed. There were a few misgivings and a single or perhaps two members of the NSC who hesitated. In a calm tone Putin asked for clarity, whether he meant a yes or no to support the call for independence.
In the end both the Minister of Defense Shoigu and Foreign Minister Lavrov were given a final word. With pain in the heart Lavrov had to admit he had been disappointed by his colleagues from the West. He expected Antony Blinken to come empty handed.
A lot of bitterness and often pointing to the hypocrisy of the Western allies …
- Russian people have been humiliated and not allowed to speak, write, follow news in their mother tongue
- Russians are discriminated by the neo-Nazis in Kyiv
- Kyiv refuses to keep the ceasefire agreement in the Minks Accords
- Kosovo was severed from Serbia by military means and no referendum was held
- The start of the Iraq War passed the revue and the lies in the UNSC presentation by Colin Powell
- The use of Georgian military against South Ossetia in August 2008 killing hundreds of innocents
- The use of proxies in Libya and Syria, the foreign fighters or jihadists
- In recent weeks and months supplying Ukraine with modern weapons from NATO countries
- These are not defensive weapons but can be used in cross border attacks on Russian soil
- The number of Javelin missiles outnumber the quantity of most NATO countries
- Zelensky appealed on the US and NATO for more support and referenced nuclear arms
President Vladimir Putin will make a decision within a few hours. There were no dissenting voices.
Obviously Russia will not “invade” the regions but will recognize their independence very much like Abkhazia, South Ossetia and Crimea. Except Russia will use the UN R2P policy to protect its citizens from further siege and death form the Ukrainian Army. militants and irregular armed groups.
END OF UPDATE